Ps5 edm-030 UART 80810001 Beep no light short found uhh wut do nex

lEtmEc00k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found a short on 2v output of sbv chip on the back, found a few other areas that short shows up.
Also missing 3.3v and 1.8v on the back of the hdmic (5v is present) Missing 5v on the back of the board near power supply input, the 2v coming off the sbv on back(or is it 1.9 1.8?)
Missing 1v on vcore, no voltage on ram
start up current is 291-294ma hangs a long time then goes down to 6ma, seems like occasionally it will do 0ma and have to reconnect leads to get back to previously mentioned current.
Picture shows where I have measured shorts which are circled in orange, the components I removed so far are marked with red
Any ideas where else this 2v goes to? I have not removed the two caps circled in orange on the right of the picture yet
whoops its a edm-033 board

updated the photo, realize I posted the wrong one

Attachments

• IMG_2559 copy.JPG
    IMG_2559 copy.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited by lEtmEc00k,

lEtmEc00k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man you allready fixed it?
No unfortunately I believe the apu is dead, I lifted the coil in the middle that is circled orange and the short is on the apu side, then I injected voltage (i get .8-.9v on that coil on a good board) and it was drawing a lot of amps, nothing getting hot on thermal camera except maybe the apu, hard to tell but I had 1.8v going into the other shorted area with all the red markings since that was a 1.8v rail on a good board and that pulled a couple amps with nothing getting apparently hot. That much power would show itself if it was a shorted small component but a large component that can sink a lot of heat like a shorted apu is likely what is sucking up the power and not showing.
If anyone else has this uart code and has different circumstances please post about it and let us know what you find

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: It's Xmas here, merry xmas. +1