Hardware Ps4 Slim Error ce-30391-6

butuni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guyz, are you all having this issue with your jail-broken ps4? or is it possible to have the same problem with not jail-broken ps4? I found ps4 slim with CE-30391-6 error. I read some forums there are battery problem, or software problem- update fixed it for most cases.

Snowlax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hello guyz, are you all having this issue with your jail-broken ps4? or is it possible to have the same problem with not jail-broken ps4? I found ps4 slim with CE-30391-6 error. I read some forums there are battery problem, or software problem- update fixed it for most cases.
Hello. Yes it is possible to have that error on a non-jailbroken ps4. I had that error on my first gen phat ps4 before doing jb. Sometimes it can be fixed by changing the CMOS battery on motherboard or updating to the latest software. Some people reported that updating from 6.72 to 7.50 fixed it. If you are on a jailbreakable firmware - try jb it and launch Todex payload.

butuni

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Yes it is possible to have that error on a non-jailbroken ps4. I had that error on my first gen phat ps4 before doing jb. Sometimes it can be fixed by changing the CMOS battery on motherboard or updating to the latest software. Some people reported that updating from 6.72 to 7.50 fixed it. If you are on a jailbreakable firmware - try jb it and launch Todex payload.
NO, I bought 2 days ago PS4 slim, which throws that message, 99% it is not jailbroken, So I think I could easily fix it with update or changing that battery. I will update info here.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoldenHEN actually gave me this problem. Was fine until my first loading of it. After it refuses to run anything, legit or not. Initialized, checked database, etc. Phat PS4 on 7.55 now runs nothing at all.

agentaltair47

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I started to have this issue with 2 ps4 this day after Jailbreaking the 7.55 and it was the first time to hear about it
any fix yet
will the golden hen fix it?
please keep us updated because I don't have another good source for these information

Reactions: chronoss

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I started to have this issue with 2 ps4 this day after Jailbreaking the 7.55 and it was the first time to hear about it
any fix yet
will the golden hen fix it?
please keep us updated because I don't have another good source for these information
Use this host and your problem will be fixed

https://ciss84.github.io/755beta6.5

Reactions: agentaltair47

PoopDeck

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just an update on my old console that I had the issue with, I updated to official 7.51(and went online) when the issue started happing to me and it fixed the issue.

Now the 7.5X jailbreak came out I decided to test it so i updated to 7.55 and everything has been working fine and the clock has stuck ever since I updated to 7.51 and went online, I pretty much left it unplugged for 4+ months also.
My guess it's still something to do with the kernel clock as it has stuck ever since I updated to 7.51. Hope you guys get it sorted in the end!

Last edited by PoopDeck,

MotherTeresa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello everyone. Sorry for my bad English. In Polish forums I appear under the nickname lysy1980 or MotherTeresa
I have a console service in Poland
I sign up here just to share my knowledge about the CE-30391-6 error. This knowledge will be useful for more advanced users

I have had several consoles with software lower than 6.72 which worked without error as in the subject.
After updating to FW 6.72 some consoles started throwing this error and of course, without running HEN 2.1.3b, it was impossible to start any game from the BD disc, despite the fact that the date was set in the system manually.
In the serial output (UART) when booting the PS4 and trying to start the game an error occurred:

booting - system found RTC
Code:
rtc0: <Belize RTC> on pci0
timer_mvl0: <Belize Timer/WDT> on pci0

a bit later when booting - no battery or battery discharged - of course battery is 100% funcional
Code:
rtc0: WARNING: Battery failure indication
rtc0: Status:E8, Time:AD
RTC device error: Set Usertime 1970/01/01

and when try to star game from disc
Code:
ERROR: _secure_read_raw(339) !CMDRSP_HDR_OSC_STOP
ERROR: _rtc_read_pre(461) _secure_read_raw ret=0x800f0531
ERROR: _rtc_read(486) rtc_read_pre ret=0x800f0531

Battery was of course operational, the RC circuit in the SB generated oscillations - visible under the oscilloscope when the clock circuit is powered from the battery itself with the console turned off, and when the console was connected to the power and / or turned on.
I measured few times the motherboard + components and compared it with a working one - all looks OK. South Bbridge IC and RTC oscillator crystal also looks OK - but i swapped them with a working console, there was still a bug on new items in console with CE-30391-6 Error and there was no error on the elements from the console with an error, soldered in the working one.

Ok i think i will update to software 7.02 - still error, next update to 7.55 - still error. Last try, i will sacrifice 1 console (CUH-1216) and update to 8.03 (lates FW) and go console online (no PSN signing)... and tadam clock auto synced - no error, games from disc working fine. Then i go offline - turn of console (power cord from socket too) after 1 hour i turned it on again without internet connecition and tadam - clock working, games from disc too.

So if the RTC components are 100% functional, only a software error remains.
Regards, Kamil

Last edited by MotherTeresa,

cycling_ho80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
我也遇到了同樣的問題,因為電源被切斷並且電池被更換了,導致ce 30391 6 ...我希望您能夠學習成功

cycling_ho80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I also encountered the same problem, because the power was cut off and the battery was changed, which led to ce 30391 6... I hope you can study successfully

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Sorry for my bad English. In Polish forums I appear under the nickname lysy1980 or MotherTeresa
I have a console service in Poland
I sign up here just to share my knowledge about the CE-30391-6 error. This knowledge will be useful for more advanced users

I have had several consoles with software lower than 6.72 which worked without error as in the subject.
After updating to FW 6.72 some consoles started throwing this error and of course, without running HEN 2.1.3b, it was impossible to start any game from the BD disc, despite the fact that the date was set in the system manually.
In the serial output (UART) when booting the PS4 and trying to start the game an error occurred:

booting - system found RTC
Code:
rtc0: <Belize RTC> on pci0
timer_mvl0: <Belize Timer/WDT> on pci0

a bit later when booting - no battery or battery discharged - of course battery is 100% funcional
Code:
RTC device error: Set Usertime 1970/01/01

and when try to star game from disc
Code:
ERROR: _secure_read_raw(339) !CMDRSP_HDR_OSC_STOP
ERROR: _rtc_read_pre(461) _secure_read_raw ret=0x800f0531
ERROR: _rtc_read(486) rtc_read_pre ret=0x800f0531

Battery was of course operational, the RC circuit in the SB generated oscillations - visible under the oscilloscope when the clock circuit is powered from the battery itself with the console turned off, and when the console was connected to the power and / or turned on.
I measured few times the motherboard + components and compared it with a working one - all looks OK. South Bbridge IC and RTC oscillator crystal also looks OK - but i swapped them with a working console, there was still a bug on new items in console with CE-30391-6 Error and there was no error on the elements from the console with an error, soldered in the working one.

Ok i think i will update to software 7.02 - still error, next update to 7.55 - still error. Last try, i will sacrifice 1 console (CUH-1216) and update to 8.03 (lates FW) and go console online (no PSN signing)... and tadam clock auto synced - no error, games from disc working fine. Then i go offline - turn of console (power cord from socket too) after 1 hour i turned it on again without internet connecition and tadam - clock working, games from disc too.

So if the RTC components are 100% functional, only a software error remains.
Regards, Kamil
Aren't the date and time settings stored in RTC chip or some sort of SRAM chip?
Anyway from my understanding, the 30391 error is caused by dead RTC battery. Once the battery dies, kernel clock will be reset to year 1970 and all games will stop working. Setting date/time manually in settings won't work because you are only setting an offset from kernel clock, which is still at year 1970. Only way to set kernel clock is to sync time with PSN (which requires you to be on latest fw), or use react ps plus payload (only works on 5.05). For 6.72/7.02/7.55 the kernel clock payload isn't working, but you can use goldhen or mira+todex to bypass this error.
Since you have a ps4 on 8.03, you can verify my theory by disconnecting it from your network, unplug it and remove RTC battery. Kernel clock should be reset to 1970, and you can see your date/time is wrong when you boot it up. All games will give you 30391 error again until you connect it to internet and sync time with psn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1