PS4 not waking 7p outside home network?

superfury1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm having some difficulties using remote play from outside my home network.
When inside the home network(both on Vita and mobile phone), it properly wakes up from rest mode.

But when outside the home network, it won't turn on. If I manually turn it on or through remote play from the home network itself, it's reachable from outside the network until it's put back in rest mode(which makes it not wake up anymore, unless connected to from the home network or directly on the PS4 itself).

I have both UDP 987 and 9303(as Sony's documentation says) forwarded. The router always sees the PS4 IP in it's routing table (static IP).

Does anyone know about how to solve this?

superfury1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Anyone knows how to set up a modem (with manual port forwarding) on a Ubee EVW3200? When I ask for it, people say this cannot be done outside the home network, while the PS Vita obviously says it's trying to wake it up from the internet (pretty much literally on the screen while it tries to connect to it from the PS4 remote play app)?

superfury1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Eventually managed to get Remote Play with Wake-up running mostly.

Gotten a NAS with PS4-Waker installed (note: can't run through NPX nor from root without credentials file specified at a writable path (none nor writable without parameters, failing to get to the pin stage during initial credential file creation). Then can call it through PHP as well as the NAS DSM.

Then only needed to figure out the remote play's required ports (difficult, as not a single documentation shows the correct port forwarding rules entirely (or missing ports)):
3478-3479 TCP&UDP
3480 TCP
(Documented here , the ports before it aren't to be forwarded (unless your PS4 is running a smtp service and http(s) service, which it doesn't usually on ofw), the ports after it I don't know (5223 might be voice chat? Or some unknown service? And 8080 is also http(it's alternative port))
8572 UDP (documented here )
9295 TCP&UDP
9296-9297 UDP
9303 UDP
(Documented here , except the final undocumented port (9303 UDP, which is seen added through PnP when connecting the client on the mobile app from a different network))

Edit: I notice something interesting, though. All remote clients fail somehow with the above setup when connecting the the PS4 from a different network. The PS Vita requires UPnP to bind UDP port 9304 to itself (and the PS4 binds itself to a high port using UPnP). The Mobile (Android) PS Remote Play app on the other hand requires 2 high ports assigned to itself(?), 9303 on the PS4 side of course(already in there) as well as 9297 (already in there as well) added through UPnP to run properly?
Seeing it adding UPnP entries for rules that are already in the modem (as statically opened ports on the modem, manually defined for the PS4) is a bit weird though?

Last edited by superfury1,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel