PS4-exclusive 'Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown' launches next week

virtua fighter.JPG

SEGA's iconic fighting game Virtua Fighter is coming back next week as part of SEGA’s 60th Anniversary project! Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown is a PS4 console exclusive remake of Virtua Fighter 5, which launched back in 2007 on the PS3 and Xbox 360 (which itself received a revised Final Showdown edition in 2012).

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown has been developed jointly by Sega AM2 and Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio and is meant to be the definitive edition of the game and launches on June 1, 2021. While it has been confirmed as a PS4 console exclusive, there has been no word of a PC version.

:arrow: SOURCE

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wonder if it is a test run in regards to EVO. Some people have been clamoring for it's return.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

BUSTAH WOLF!!!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rumour is this is one of the PS+ games for next month, alongside Star Wars Squadrons.
Yeah I don't think sales would be great if it wasn't a PS+ giveaway. Playstation is definitely most attractive to the fighting games crowd, but Virtua Fighter is quite outdated mechanically compared to the rest. Not to mention Guilty Gear Strive is just about to launch.

Sundree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks that it's a PS4 exclusive, as a massive Sega fan; I've always wanted to get into Virtua Fighter, but never really came around to it.

Bobsy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's funny how powerful one's imagination can be.

Growing up in Australia, all we had was a Black and White TV but I specifically remember everything in accurate colour, most likely from the glimpses I saw on other TV sets that my brain sewed together.

Similarly, as I was looking at the YouTube video, the question on my mind was where is the HD Remake.
Then I realised that my brain remembered the old Graphics as the new.

And that is also how I remember many of my old Sega Saturn games. Including Virtua Fighter 2. What an amazing look! Until I get to see footage from back then. But in my head, the visual quality always remains at a very high level.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/8y7GRYaYYQg?si=a6RCQRg7LtWeRJry +1