Hacking PS4 (4.55) Package Installer 2.0 hdd Question

userother

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Just wondered if 2.0 external hard drives work with the 4.55 package installer in debug setting? or does it need to be 3.0?

Thank you.

Last edited by userother,
D

Deleted-355425

If you want to install games on an external drive it has to be usb 3.0.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Just wondered if 2.0 external hard drives work with the 4.55 package installer in debug setting? or does it need to be 3.0?

Thank you.
If you want to install games on an external drive it has to be usb 3.0.

If you want to use extended storage as an official PS3 option for non fake signed games, a USB 3.0 is required.

I will test my USB 2.0 thumb drive and see of it installs fake signed PKGs from that... unless someone else can confirm first?

Edit: first search on google came up with youtube vids of transfer speed difference between 2.0 and 3.0 for PUP installation.

I would bet on it being perfectly fine for PKG and PUP installation but 3.0 is required to be able to play games off of quick enough.

Again only official game installs will work on extended storage official USB method, and I would imagine doing the USB db mod to play fake sigbed games off external: USB 3.0 would be ideal for loading, 2.0 would be usless.

Last edited by KiiWii,

userother

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be clear. I want to know if you can install game pkg's from a 2.0 external HDD to the internal PS4 HDD via Package installer. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol