Hacking Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW : NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper Released

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 277,092
  • Replies 1,552
  • Likes 42

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Decisions decisions.

I really like the idea of a Super Slim because its the latest hardware and thus the most durable as most Slims have been heavily gamed and I CBA taking it apart to remove the dust and redo the thermal paste but then the best we'll probably seem on the SS is a web based launcher as opposed to a CFW. Unless of course they use that early PSP approach I believe it was where the system calls were hijacked and redirected to a patched FW running off storage which would be quite cool.

What to do eh?
If it's the exploit you want, just get a regular Slim. It's only really necessary to replace the thermal paste on a Phat. I just replaced the thermal paste on my Slim purely because I could, it's not necessary.

At this point, we should be pleased if we get any kind of exploit at all for the Super Slim.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There's not much difference for the end user. Literally the only reason I'm using REBUG 4.81.2 DEX over REBUG 4.82.1 Lite or FERROX is because I need the save data owner faking feature.

Baacon9866

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried out the whole thing and got successful until the NOR Writer, and i've tried it 4 times and it's been freezing even after 10 minutes.
My only guess is that maybe when it restarts your ps3 it checks the files and stuff, should i retry and skip that or...?

D

Deleted User

OP
I tried out the whole thing and got successful until the NOR Writer, and i've tried it 4 times and it's been freezing even after 10 minutes.
My only guess is that maybe when it restarts your ps3 it checks the files and stuff, should i retry and skip that or...?
Try Another usb Stick and make sure the md5 hashes match...

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
Successfully used the exploit but when I try to install Rebug I keep running into an error 8002f14e

From some googling this seems to be from faulty hardware, which would make sense as my blueray drive is broken (No power)

Seems like you can modify firmware using "MFW Builder" which has an option to disable needing a blueray drive. (Is this safe to do on Rebug 4.81.2 REX 4.82Syscon Thibobo ?)

EDIT: Also seems to be stuck in a boot loop, any idea's on how to reset it ?

Last edited by WaterBotttle,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
There is a NoBD version of the CFW specifically for people with broken Blu-Ray drives, though you might need to use Rebug 4.82.1

If you can get into the recovery menu, you should be able to install it.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a NoBD version of the CFW specifically for people with broken Blu-Ray drives, though you might need to use Rebug 4.82.1

If you can get into the recovery menu, you should be able to install it.

I can get into the recovery menu with some fiddling and then go to update system but it just hangs at "Checking... Please wait."

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can get into the recovery menu with some fiddling and then go to update system but it just hangs at "Checking... Please wait."
If all else fails Remove your hard drive and format it on a PC reinsert it and turn the system on with a NoBD CFW pup in the right place on your USB stick. (Make sure you're trying to install the firmware version you soft bricked on.)

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You formatted the drive with a PC? Have you checked the MD5 of your cow files? Make sure they aren't corrupt on the stick if not. If you have tried that all then perhaps try another USB stick.

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
You formatted the drive with a PC? Have you checked the MD5 of your cow files? Make sure they aren't corrupt on the stick if not. If you have tried that all then perhaps try another USB stick.
Sorry I used the restore option from the PS3 to reformat the drive ? I'll try reformatting from the PC (It's Fat32 right ?)

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes fat32 is good

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The PS3 will ask you to format it and install system software when you attempt to turn it on

mart6230

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone,
a friend of mine give me some non functional ps3
one of them (a fat one) is still functional but has no bluray drive in it (and i don't have it)
when i power it on i get the recovery menu on and after i put a hdd in it i try to update to 4.82 i get stuck in checking please wait (because of the missing bluray probably)
is there something i can do to install 4.82 ?
(sorry for my bad english ofc)

Last edited by mart6230,
Reactions: WaterBotttle

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes fat32 is good

The PS3 will ask you to format it and install system software when you attempt to turn it on
I formatted the hard drive as FAT32, it asks me to install 4.82 or higher. I've tried the ofw, Rebug & a noBD firmware (I linked above the version I used).

Do you happen to have a link to a noBD version of 8.42 that might work ?

WaterBotttle

Trophies
XP
Country
Which firmware did you try first?
First I tried the one linked here (The noDB one) http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-82-overflow-cfw-collection.15450/

Then tried the official firmware, neither worked.

Hello everyone,
a friend of mine give me some non functional ps3
one of them (a fat one) is still functional but has no bluray drive in it (and i don't have it)
when i power it on i get the recovery menu on and after i put a hdd in it i try to update to 4.82 i get stuck in checking please wait (because of the missing bluray probably)
is there something i can do to install 4.82 ?
(sorry for my bad english ofc)
I'm having the exact same problem, please let me know if you find a solution (I'll let you know if I find anything)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk