PS3Break: an affordable PS3 JailBreaker

dragonjud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight Loz said:
since this is a copy (kinda?) of the psjailbreak, will it bypass any update that sony releases? Coz in the original psjailbreak, it said that it could bypass the updates even though it. And what psjailbreak meant by updatable, was that they make another psjailbreak to bypass that update and you go and buy another one off them.

I think everyone keeps asking basically the same question. And the answer is always the same 'We don't know'!

Anybody selling these things is going to tell you that it will be easy to update and circumvent Sony's new firmware patches. However, everyone knows that
they are saying this only to sell more units. They have no knowledge of how Sony will patch the holes in the firmware, and it's common knowledge that there will be a limited number of opportunities depending on how well Sony works to fix them.

I bought one, and I will not update my ps3 (stay off-line). If in the next few months, there's nothing developed by the community I will just throw this in the trash.
However, if tons of cool tools are developed, then I will continue to use it. It's a risk you take. There're those selling these devices for DIY prices (at about $25.00). Those require that you do all the work.

The ones being sold by the temp store are plug and play for about $45.00. Is it worth $45.00 to try this out? Only you can answer that.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:
Supports the playback and copying PSX and PS2 games (no matter which PS3 version).

This alone is a reason for me to buy a Slim and not painstakingly search for a specific model
smile.gif

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Supports the playback and copying PSX and PS2 games (no matter which PS3 version).

- For PS2, I dont see how this is possible as the PS3 slim and most new models dont have the emotion system or an emulator to play the PS2 backups. So you could backup but not play. Not worth it. If we see an emulator for PS2 playback, then it would be worth it.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EJames2100 said:
Bloodlust said:

This alone is a reason for me to buy a Slim and not painstakingly search for a specific model
smile.gif
it cant, there is no ps2 hardware in the new ps3's
I doubt it can even copy ps1 games since none of the current builds can currently do that

UnitGGChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
raiderscrusade said:
I might wait before I buy.

I want to know exactly how Sony logs everything, and etc so that I am not at a risk of being banned. Once that is known, I'll buy the dongle.
I'm pretty sure it's already been established that Sony can easily detect the title IDs that the jail break installs, so that you can load backups.
So basically, there's no safe way to go about using this without being detected, the only way to really use this, is to use it offline.

I stay/play offline anyways..Don't care about playing online,I save that for the PC..Ordered my dongle and away we go
biggrin.gif

agimann

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
i expect it to include all the upcoming of updates, just like psgroove. and with expecting that i ordered one from shoptemp, great shop!!
nayps3.gif

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
EJames2100 said:
Bloodlust said:

smile.gif
it cant, there is no ps2 hardware in the new ps3's
I doubt it can even copy ps1 games since none of the current builds can currently do that

frown.gif
*sniffs*
Back to looking lol

UnitGGChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also heard a nullDC and PS2 emulator is being prepared for the PS3..Who cares about online when you can have a multi dimension system.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
I'm just curious but Sony easily got a complete ban on the PSJailbreak device due to some copyright issue, right? I.E. It contained some code that was Sony's copyright. Won't this device just be banned instantly in exactly the same way?

No. PSJailbreak did NOT contain anything that is propriety to Sony, including (but not limited to) code and hardware.

Edit: To answer others..

NO ONE has been banned YET. And yes, there is a nullDC and PCSX2 port in the works.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lol PCSX2 doesn't even run properly on the PC yet so good luck porting that! they should be concentrating on easier emus to port like snes, genesis and 64 1st.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
My current firmware is 3.41, I tried to set the primary DNS to 67.202.81.137 to bypass firmware updates and connect to PSN but internet connection fails. When am I doing wrong?

Update : When I use a proxy, it still prompts to update firmware though my DNS is already modified to the above 67.x.x.x

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ninn said:
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:
i have set up an alternate dns-server to prevent the latest update. is it ok for me to connect to the Ps store now? without having to worry about the update?

How do I set an alternate DNS for PSN to that it can bypass the mandatory 3.42 update? Also, can I just manually update to 3.41 as I'm still on 3.40...

here's how to do it, if you havent already http://psfreedom.com/news.php

Been there done that. Changing of DNS servers doesn't work..
angry.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Thanks for the heads up! Though PS3 JB has been blocked for sale by Sony, they seem to be doing quite well with updates which is due for release :

Change Log / New Features:
Supports any firmware
Supports NTFS Hard Discs
Supports copying of Blu-Ray Discs
Supports playback of the .mkv video format
Automatic updating of the stick via PC.
Lets online play work without risk of banning.

I wonder if PS3break will follow up. NTFS, mkv video playback, PS2/PSX support and playing online without the risk of banning is most welcome!
nayps3.gif

impizkit said:

- For PS2, I dont see how this is possible as the PS3 slim and most new models dont have the emotion system or an emulator to play the PS2 backups. So you could backup but not play. Not worth it. If we see an emulator for PS2 playback, then it would be worth it.

I agree. The PS3 no longer has any hardware that is compatible with PS2 games. The 80GB fat PS3 was able to play PS2 games because it still had the "Graphics Synthesizer" GPU. The PS3 can emulate the Emotion Engine, but not both. So unless these guys have figured out how to do something Sony themselves hasn't been able to do (create a fully functioning, full-speed PS2 emulator for PS3) I call BS on the claim.

QUOTE(OrGoN3 @ Sep 8 2010, 11:54 PM)
No. PSJailbreak did NOT contain anything that is propriety to Sony, including (but not limited to) code and hardware.

First I heard it wasn't. Then again, they banned DS flash carts and (to my knowledge) they were made without any copyrighted code.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?