PS3Break: an affordable PS3 JailBreaker

raiderscrusade

Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
raiderscrusade said:
I might wait before I buy.

I want to know exactly how Sony logs everything, and etc so that I am not at a risk of being banned. Once that is known, I'll buy the dongle.
I'm pretty sure it's already been established that Sony can easily detect the title IDs that the jail break installs, so that you can load backups.
So basically, there's no safe way to go about using this without being detected, the only way to really use this, is to use it offline.

But what if the title ID of say, the Backup Manager, were changed (as has been posted on other sites) to something like the title ID of COD:MW2, which is a popular online game? Or even if the title ID of the backup manager was changed to a demo game downloaded via the PS3?

That's the bit I don't understand..

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ninn said:
i have set up an alternate dns-server to prevent the latest update. is it ok for me to connect to the Ps store now? without having to worry about the update?

How do I set an alternate DNS for PSN to that it can bypass the mandatory 3.42 update? Also, can I just manually update to 3.41 as I'm still on 3.40...

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:
i have set up an alternate dns-server to prevent the latest update. is it ok for me to connect to the Ps store now? without having to worry about the update?

How do I set an alternate DNS for PSN to that it can bypass the mandatory 3.42 update? Also, can I just manually update to 3.41 as I'm still on 3.40...

here's how to do it, if you havent already http://psfreedom.com/news.php

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Ninn said:
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:

Thanks for the heads up! Though PS3 JB has been blocked for sale by Sony, they seem to be doing quite well with updates which is due for release :

Change Log / New Features:
Supports any firmware
Supports NTFS Hard Discs
Supports copying of Blu-Ray Discs
Supports playback of the .mkv video format
Supports the playback and copying PSX and PS2 games (no matter which PS3 version).
Automatic updating of the stick via PC.
Lets online play work without risk of banning.

I wonder if PS3break will follow up. NTFS, mkv video playback, PS2/PSX support and playing online without the risk of banning is most welcome!
nayps3.gif

baggieman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i only have downloaded games at the mo,does anyone now if you can play these with this device? if so how!!
excl.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:

Thanks for the heads up! Though PS3 JB has been blocked for sale by Sony, they seem to be doing quite well with updates which is due for release :

Supports any firmware
Supports NTFS Hard Discs
Supports the playback and copying PSX and PS2 games (no matter which PS3 version).

I wonder if PS3break will follow up. NTFS, mkv video playback, PS2/PSX support and playing online without the risk of banning is most welcome!
nayps3.gif

So this thing comes with a ps2 emut? errrr, I would of bought this instead my ps2 2 months ago
frown.gif

jane.doe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
awesome, just bought one. beats getting a dev board and doing it all DIY since nobody has any boards, or they're selling them at insane prices (quantronics, i'm looking at you)

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:
Bloodlust said:
Ninn said:

Supports any firmware
Supports NTFS Hard Discs

nayps3.gif

Those are my buzzwords
closedeyes.gif

Razor1993

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will this USB STick Support PSP Groove? becouse i Think PSP groove is more Updated then other modchips!
what USB Modchip i take? what i sthe Best choice? there are many of them please Help me guys!
i will one thats realy be updateble and thats Maybe support NTFS Soon becouse NTFS is realy useful!

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is it safe to order it from shoptemp ? i live in germany and i had no problems ordering dstwo. is it safe to order the ps3break ?

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once this thing can keep up with firmware updates, I'll jump ship.

I don't care about banning, for I'll use it for the single-player games. Trophies mean nothing to me. I just want to play the blasted game!

But, I don't want to NOT be able to go online with my 50 games! Maybe if I had only JUST gotten a PS3, but I play with my friends online all the time.

And... Using that DNS server doesn't sound too appealing to me.

But, once the fellas can conquer that, consider a sale from me! As long as I can avoid bans by logging into an account without a PSN network, I'm groovy. As I said, I just want to play the blasted game.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I ever get one of these I'm getting this. Way more affordable. Still waiting to see how the whole hackers vs Sony thing plays out though

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's still overpriced. But if you're going to lol at anyone then lol at the PSJailbreak team for trying to sell it for $120+

Twilight Loz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since this is a copy (kinda?) of the psjailbreak, will it bypass any update that sony releases? Coz in the original psjailbreak, it said that it could bypass the updates even though it. And what psjailbreak meant by updatable, was that they make another psjailbreak to bypass that update and you go and buy another one off them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo