PS3 Yay or Nay ?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
PS3:

+Good online community.
+Demon's Souls.
+better 'scene'

-Bad online service (my experience, yours could differ)
-Multi-console games usually inferior to 360 version
-doesn't look as good as 360, (slim vs slim) IMO.
-Kinect > Move
-'scene' won't apply to you since used system is not considered

Verdict: Wait. (or 3DS!)

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3:
Good:
+Demon's Souls as well as other exclusives that are in a variety, unlike the 360 with it's brown n' bloom shooters. But a PC is way better for FPS anyway.
+Better 'scene'
+Free online with less ads. No need to pay 60 bucks per year when you get it for FREE.

Neutral:
-Kinect = Move (They're both pretty casual without any significant games. Technology for Kinect may be more interesting, but there isn't anything to take advantage of it yet. Move has the Sly collection and No More Heroes: Paradise so far. Still not worth it)
-Playstation Plus is pretty useless right now. They don't force you to buy it or anything but there aren't any reasons to really get it just yet.
-It's a blu-ray player. It does what it's supposed to do.

Bad:
-Multi-console games usually inferior to 360 version. Games like Bayonetta especially.
-No multi cross chat thing

Your experience may differ:
=The wifi service
=The online community.

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both, and they definately offer different things.

The Xbox is better for multiplatform games, hands down, while both have good exclusives.

The online service I found to be much the same, with the exception of chat on the PS3 being inferior in every way, but you do have to pay for xbox live.

I dislike that you can't play your own music on the PS3 in-game.

The online store is way better on the PS3, because you can A) Pay in real money and aren't left holding useless additional microsoft points every time you make a transaction, and B) Get five copies of a game with every download you make, so you can swap with friends adn save a hell of a lot.

The PS3 I find to be more personisable in terms of the menus, and the feel of the console. I don't know whether it's the layout, the lack of unnecessary menus and miis (which lets face it, that's what they are), but I find it to be easier to navigate and more enjoyable to do so.

I also like it better as a media centre.

If the multiplatform games weren't glitchy as hell I doubt i'd keep my xbox, but they definately are, so it's definately worth having.

I'm not sure how much this contributed. Get one if you have the disposable income to spare, and can find at least five games you really want on it. Otherwise just stick with the xbox.

DeadlyAnGeL91792

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say yay a big yay at that, been gaming on the ps3 most of this gen and i got no problems with it at all HD games are HD games the differences in the multiplatform titles are small to me and the exclusive are where its at when it comes to hardcore, fun, and graphics. the online comunity is slightly more mature then the 360's imo try playing a few games of mw2 on ps3 the on 360 you'll notice the difference, honestly the ps3 is a great system like all systems this gen it has its flaws but the good FAR out weighs the bad on top of that it'll last you a nice long time.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SubliminalSegue said:
I still haven't heard a definitive reason as to why people liked Demon Souls, I just don't think it was a well-made game.
Very polished RPG game with a challenging difficulty, fantastic atmosphere, fun and memorable boss battles, well done gameplay, and orchestrated music. The game is hardly "cheap" except for maybe a character named Yurt, and the player just has to be really careful.

You're also always connected to the game's server, which also enables features like invading other people, helping other people out in their "world", leaving messages for people around the world to read, and so on. PvPs are fun too.

Lastly, there's a good replay value because New Game + makes the game even harder. The reason why people like demon's souls is because there isn't anything else like it this gen. It's a true JRPG with WRPG looks.

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
SubliminalSegue said:
I still haven't heard a definitive reason as to why people liked Demon Souls, I just don't think it was a well-made game.
Very polished RPG game with a challenging difficulty, fantastic atmosphere, fun and memorable boss battles, well done gameplay, and orchestrated music. The game is hardly "cheap" except for maybe a character named Yurt, and the player just has to be really careful.

You're also always connected to the game's server, which also enables features like invading other people, helping other people out in their "world", leaving messages for people around the world to read, and so on. PvPs are fun too.

Lastly, there's a good replay value because New Game + makes the game even harder. The reason why people like demon's souls is because there isn't anything else like it this gen. It's a true JRPG with WRPG looks.

tl;dr.

But I won't be a dick. I respect your opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum