PS1/2 PS3 or XBOX360 Elite?

AceOfAces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have enough money to buy one of these systems. I wasn't sure which topic to put this in because there are two separate topics for each of these systems. I'm not sure which one to buy, so I'm asking you guys for your opinions of which I should buy.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ps3 advantages-disadvantages

1. much better hardware than 360.
2. free online play although not as good as xbox live.
3. some nice exclusives (look them up)
4. excellent as a media centre, especially if you watch a lot of blueray stuff.

xbox 360 advantages-disadvantages.

1. great online gameplay- monthly fees but better than psn
2. some great exclusives (look them up)
3. very bad hardware, failure rate is far to high, 3 year warranty for rrod
4. hackable
5. ps3 walks all over it as a media centre, no blueray movies.

Both systems are great it depends what you want really and as long as you don't mind about the xbox 360 dodgy hardware.

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thegame07 said:
Both systems are great it depends what you want really and as long as you don't mind about the xbox 360 dodgy hardware.

360 doesn't have as much dodgy hardware these days, jasper seems to have fixed the problems. i'd be more worried about the ps3's ylod's/dead blu ray drives. a lot of the older 40,60 and 80gb's are ylod'ing now, and the others are suffering from dead/dying blu-ray drives. have a look on ebay, you'll find a fair few faulty ps3's, not as many as rrod'ed 360's but still a fair few.

gisel213

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Radiant said:
thegame07 said:

360 doesn't have as much dodgy hardware these days, jasper seems to have fixed the problems. i'd be more worried about the ps3's ylod's/dead blu ray drives. a lot of the older 40,60 and 80gb's are ylod'ing now, and the others are suffering from dead/dying blu-ray drives. have a look on ebay, you'll find a fair few faulty ps3's, not as many as rrod'ed 360's but still a fair few.

Man i love rrod 360's I fixed 7 dead ones i had the other week just messing round xclamp/reflow
and they work great they cost me about $25 a piece with all the wires and one controller but if your
not tech savvy when you get the rrod go for the ps3 and save yourself the trouble ps3 ylod is way
easier to fix if you dont have a warranty....

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a faulty ps3 isn't a guaranteed fix however, its never the same problem. a ylod could be a fried rsx/cell and you've simply got a brick. it could be as simple as a reflow/psu replacement but there's no telling whats wrong.

There's also dead blu-ray drives, sometimes they can be as simple as cleaning the blu-ray lens. other times its simply a dead drive. once again its not a guaranteed fix, people have gone as far as to replace the entire drive mechanism and still no change.

there's a reason why there aren't many places that actually do ps3 repairs, and even then it isn't guaranteed they are able to fix it.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
How is XBOX Live better than PSN?

I mean, PSN has Home, XBOX Live has only their disc games.

Yes, both have a Shopping Network, XBOX360 and PS3 both have games and exlusive downloads for their system.

IDK if Xbox360 has demo's / Minigames for their system / XBOX1 games to download.

But PS3 has this all, and Trailers in HD etc.

And Home, you can get free items some times. With entering codes in PS3 Shopping centre.

Xbox360 has Halo 3.
PS3 has Uncharted 2.
Both these 2 exclusives has WiFi play with friend/wordwide. But PS3 has higher grapic and is free on online play.

Xbox Live is not better than PSN. Thats just what most think because they pay for it.

So, just do you have money enough everymonth, and like Halo? get XBOX360

Like best of best grapics and free online play, and free download add-on game fretures, as Home/Demos/VidZone etc. Get PS3.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Why does everybody think XBL is superior to PSN due to the fact you have to pay for it, it's not.
In the end online play is down to the developer of whatever game you're buying and the choice of his online servers
But in the long race, the better choice would be the PS3 for obvious reasons unless you're planning on hacking it, which in that case go for the 360.

Shromz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have both the PS3 and the 360 Elite
I have not played my Ps3 in forever
so i'll have to say the 360 is better

Oh yeah XBL is superior to PSN

Don't believe me? Try it Case closed

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I have both consoles, and can say PS3 is the the console i prefer.

My 360 hasn't seen the light of day for well over a year.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I also like to know what concretely makes XBL better than PSN. And please don't just say x is better than y, tell us what makes it better.

As for choosing, look at the exclusives and see which you like more, then you'll know what to get.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
What makes Live better (in my experience) is the interface. I can't really say I care. The PS3 interface is also excellent. In the past (before update 2.40) the ingame menu sucked. It was comparible to the Wii menu; you could basically just turn of the device, continue playing or stop the current game. Nowadays, there isn't much of a difference.

I'd go for the PS3. The exclusives are a lot better (Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2) and the hardware will last longer than the 360. The PS3 is really the device of the future. The 360 has had its best time.

Don't get a PS3 for Home though. It sucks. Get one for the free online play, great hardware and exclusives.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv