PS3 new HDD

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by pspunabletohack, Aug 23, 2018.

1. pspunabletohack
    OP

pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    If I install a new hard drive in my PS3 and install OFW, can I still update to Rebug with the PUP update file?
    Or do I need to run the ps3xploit again?

I know you can directly install Rebug from the recovery menu, but I'm just curious.

2. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    Can't answer the question as I've only ever used the signed FW method and rebug from recovery, but I'd make sure to make a full backup of the HDD via FTP/USB including all partitions and do NAND/NOR backups and not use just use the backup utility if that was your plan..

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    You gonna have to redo Ps3xploit again.

4. pspunabletohack
    OP

pspunabletohack GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2010
    Belgium
    When I did the exploit I followed a tutorial from YouTube if I remember correctly. And I have saved a dump.hex file before doing the exploit so I guess that is the original NOR?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Won't that brick the console? I read someone bricked their console this way on the forums.

5. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Why would you install OFW?
    If your console is on the latest Rebug, just plug in a new drive and update to the latest Rebug.

It'll be like nothing happened except a sea of space that you suddenly gained.
    Oh and the console being back to "stock"

SonsofOcelot and JellyPerson like this.
  6. SonsofOcelot

SonsofOcelot Shalashaska

Aug 4, 2016
    Canada
    Outer Haven
    Will confirm what DinohScene posted. I just upgraded to a 500gb hdd and to rebug 4.82.2 rex all at the same time without issues. No need to redo ps3xploit.

DinohScene likes this.