Hacking PS3 new HDD

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If I install a new hard drive in my PS3 and install OFW, can I still update to Rebug with the PUP update file?
Or do I need to run the ps3xploit again?

I know you can directly install Rebug from the recovery menu, but I'm just curious.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't answer the question as I've only ever used the signed FW method and rebug from recovery, but I'd make sure to make a full backup of the HDD via FTP/USB including all partitions and do NAND/NOR backups and not use just use the backup utility if that was your plan..

pspunabletohack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can't answer the question as I've only ever used the signed FW method and rebug from recovery, but I'd make sure to make a full backup of the HDD via FTP/USB including all partitions and do NAND/NOR backups and not use just use the backup utility if that was your plan..
When I did the exploit I followed a tutorial from YouTube if I remember correctly. And I have saved a dump.hex file before doing the exploit so I guess that is the original NOR?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You gonna have to redo Ps3xploit again.
Won't that brick the console? I read someone bricked their console this way on the forums.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why would you install OFW?
If your console is on the latest Rebug, just plug in a new drive and update to the latest Rebug.

It'll be like nothing happened except a sea of space that you suddenly gained.
Oh and the console being back to "stock"

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Why would you install OFW?
If your console is on the latest Rebug, just plug in a new drive and update to the latest Rebug.

It'll be like nothing happened except a sea of space that you suddenly gained.
Oh and the console being back to "stock"

Will confirm what DinohScene posted. I just upgraded to a 500gb hdd and to rebug 4.82.2 rex all at the same time without issues. No need to redo ps3xploit.

Reactions: DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good