Hacking PS3 Jailbreak scene is confirmed dead for future

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure a fix will come eventually. I mean they made some of the USB Dongles upgradeable right? Someone, somewhere will find a loophole, that will benefit us.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that's the problem with trying to "jailbreak" the PS3. Sony no doubt already own a large number of those PS3 Jailbreak tools so, every time an update or patch is released for it, they know within hours if not minutes how the new exploit works and how to cut it off. Thanks to their ability to make the PS3 practically unusable without the latest firmware, plus the likely outcome that the majority of games will now require a specific minimum firmware, Sony will always be able to make pirating on the PS3 far more hassle than it's worth.

It's admirable that people will continue to try to circumvent the PS3's protection, but they're optimistic if they think they can actually beat Sony. It isn't happening. They created an environment where they're in complete control. It's no wonder the 3DS will use a similar automatic/mandatory firmware update system.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sony was always going to block these with a firmware update, and was always going require the firmware update to play newer games. So I really don't see what the big deal is.

It doesn't mean it will kill it, at the moment there's too much activity in the PS3 Homebrew scene for that to happen. There are still tons of exploitable consoles around, i'm tempted myself but the XBOX360 is still far superior in that respect and as I have 8 of those...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UnitGGChamp said:
just tagging you with your name,nothing personal..I have a neighbor that's schizo..

OK, and I suppose you have another neighbor who is "mental" and "dumb"? Seeing as how you called me that too.

BTW Schizoanalysis in not schizophrenia, it is something else entirely.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Read your posts again. You seriously flamed him and it was unwarrented, doesn't matter if you agreed with his post or not. He shouldn't have responded to those.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe I was too harsh.

I just took issue with the following:

The article clearly contains misinformation.
He used this misinformation to support his condescending attitude toward Jailbreak owners.

UnitGGChamp said:
I feel kind of bad for the early adopters of this. Actually, no I don't : P

This, I felt was falsely patronizing.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do feel sorry for those that paid what was it, $130. But, they should have had the common sense to know what was going to happen. It was predictable.

Take a look at the XBOX360, their console was hacked wide open. That got patched, and it's people have now almost given up trying to find another exploit. I'm sure Sony are capable of doing a much better job of patching their console than MS can.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
True, but $130 is still a bargain considering what you gain.

6-10 years ago flash kits cost over $100, that was normal.

But it was clear that the price would drop, anyone who shops at DX or PA knows that this sort of technology costs nearly nothing to manufacture. I also waited for the $30 knock-off version.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schizoanalysis said:
True, but $130 is still a bargain considering what you gain.
Gain what? If PSN and DLC get's cracked then maybe it's interesting, but until then it's not.

You can by a fully hacked XBOX360 for that, so I don't think $130 a bargain for something which cost very little to make. At $30 it's a good deal considering how easy it is to use, but not $130.

It seriously annoyed me how much these Jailbreak were trying to get out of people, it goes aginst the whole point.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
It seriously annoyed me how much these Jailbreak were trying to get out of people, it goes aginst the whole point.

I guess there are development costs to recoup... (& legal fees to pay: @ OzMods)

If the people have to money to pay $130, I guess it is up to them. This is small pocket change for some people. Or the price of 2-3 games in this country.

But it was clear that a cheap knock-off would come, just as it did with R4s, etc.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
tk_saturn said:
]Gain what? If PSN and DLC get's cracked then maybe it's interesting, but until then it's not.
People who lack internet access don't get those at all.

What's that got to with it? People who have these Jailbreaks and PS3's, are more than likely to have internet access. Otherwise how are they going to download their games?

When I say PSN, I don't mean online play just the online content. It's simply my opinion that I don't see the point of the Jailbreak unless you have all the PSN content and DLC. I don't just want the games, I want the DLC too, I want MAME or a similar emulator aswell.

I have no idea if they will be able to crack the PSN content.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
People who lack internet access don't get those at all.

Then how do they download 8~50GB games?

As tk_saturn said, the only PS3 hack I'm interested in is one that lets you download and play PSN games for free. But since people can't even hack the DSi to let us play DSiWare games for free, the chances of anyone hacking PSN is mighty slim.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao