Hacking Ps3 ID

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a second hand ps3 slim... But yeah the id is banned by sony... What should i do to get back online? Could some one help me?

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a second hand ps3 slim... But yeah the id is banned by sony... What should i do to get back online? Could some one help me?
If you want to take the illegal route than you could unban yourself. But that may go agasint PSN's EULA, and contract.

I sadly do not know but there are various methods to unban yourself if your willing to take the time, and learn how. I never done it myself but I'm avoiding it to prevent dealing with issues with PSN's Contract, and the EULA.

Reactions: Bernhard

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doesn't it involve using another and unknown (legit, non banned) user's ID ?
you just take the risk to make that legit user's console banned too.

It's worse than just affecting your own hardware, you are killing PSN access to other users.

Reactions: migles

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call Sony and beg them to unban it?

I wouldn't say beg but if your willing to be upfront honest with them, and unmod your PS3 than one or two things may happen as well;

1. They will laugh at you, or refuse PSN Service reguardless even if the appeal is great

2. They will give you another chance. But if you screw up again than they will ban you again with this time no appeal.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know why the ps3 is banned... I think the previous owner messed up with blackops ... But thats not my problem ^^

So i ve to contact sony and beg them... But how would it be possible if the refuse to give me a "second chance"? What would be the "illegal" reasons?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I dont know why the ps3 is banned... I think the previous owner messed up with blackops ... But thats not my problem ^^

So i ve to contact sony and beg them... But how would it be possible if the refuse to give me a "second chance"? What would be the "illegal" reasons?
Doesn't it involve using another and unknown (legit, non banned) user's ID ?
you just take the risk to make that legit user's console banned too.

It's worse than just affecting your own hardware, you are killing PSN access to other users.

i also heard that if you could grab another ps3 id preferentially a broken one or a console that barely is used online, you could swap the ID and unban your ps3
i remember there was a tutorial here at gbatemp..

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the owner screwed you over saying that it's not playable online, and does not contain a hardmod than you could contact the owner for a potential refund. But be aware the chances are slim since you already bought it.

If by chance you contact PSN, and say you have been banned becuase of a hardmod again you could try unhardmodding the system, and try asking them if you could be unbanned (This would most likely be ilegal.)

You could also contact PSN to solve the issue for support. Which may be a better route before appealing.

Also unbanning your user could lead to illegal activity since your not following PSN's EULA, Contract, ban activity, etc... And it will only get your other PS Account Banned on your other console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1