PS3 Hacker Tells Sony to Back-Off or Else!

Georgeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
squall23 said:
So reverse engineering the hypervisor would lead to what exactly? I don't think the PS3 security can get any worse than it already is.

Edward Murphy wanted me to tell you that he is disappoint in you, son.

In all seriousness, I'm especially curious to see where he is going with this. But, I'm even more curious to see where Sony is going with ALL of this. Don't they remember the whole AACS encryption key fiasco? Are they desperate, have something else in mind, or just plain stupid? I think I'll go with desperate. Like, really desperate.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
...he can do whatever he wants.

No, actually, he can't. He can try, though.
wink.gif

Either way, his post is good for a chuckle.

milkchocolate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats a harsh threat, If he really does this, Sony and many game developers will go bankrupt cos all their code would be suddenly usable by ANY game developer

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
monkat said:
...he can do whatever he wants.

No, actually, he can't. He can try, though.
wink.gif

Either way, his post is good for a chuckle.
I think he can. His IDA databases wouldn't contain any proprietary Sony code. It will just allow anyone with IDA to analyze a hypervisor dump (Unprovided as well). Anything done after that...
nayps3.gif
He might get put in limbo like geohot, but the case will go nowhere.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In all honesty, Sony has brought this upon themselves in a way. Sure hacking was done before and all that stuff, but not this bad. And Sony is just handling it bad.

If they win, hackers could do worse to Sony than what they're doing now. If they don't win, they just allow hacking. But in a way, I can see them allowing hacking, to be a lot less worse than having people fight you.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GeekyGuy said:
No kid in his mom's basement

Yeah, this guy is totally a damn kid. All kids have reverse engineering skills nowadays, that goes without saying.

unsure.gif

GBAtemp never ceases to amuse me.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll be following this developing story closely.

Man, they should make video temp casts with stories like this. I'd put them in my RSS feed and everything! being provided up-to-the-minute news would be excellent.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so childish.

to be quite honest, if i were this dude, i'd do it either way, without warning - what a twat lol

something like:

in response to what sony is doing, i hereby share this stuff: you know what do do with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids