Hacking PS3 Freezing - Can it damage the console?

Sotoro

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sometimes there are still freezes with the new mutliMan version. Not sure if it is a backup manager problem or related to the CFW. But can it damage the console, because you have to remove the power cable to restart the console?

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
doesn't keeping the on/off button pressed for a few seconds (until you hear to consecutive bleeps ) for a hard reboot work? ( not sure if that works for multiman since mine aint modded ) but it always works for me whenever my ps3 freezes

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If it's a software issue (and probably IT IS), then the worst it could happen is that your cache/system files on the HD get damaged.

The PS3 will automatically repair them / generate new ones if that's the case.

Relf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The answer to the question is [probably] no. It doesn't re-write any of your firmware so the worst that might happen is messing up the sony OS and requiring a re-install.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I get this random freeze on the XMB with Kmeaw's CFW for 3.55. I heard from a few people it doesn't damage your console. I hope this is true since I had to do this same turn off method(take out power cord, put it back) as you.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't think it does did it a million times on the wii.
tongue.gif
my friend one is freezing also pretty many times (3.4.1 still with dongle) and he hadn't had any problems yet

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nico445 said:
don't think it does did it a million times on the wii.
tongue.gif
my friend one is freezing also pretty many times (3.4.1 still with dongle) and he hadn't had any problems yet
You do know the Wii is different than the PS3 right?

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
if PS3 hangs.. just press and hold the power button to force shutdown.. i think thats the safest way of PS3 got hang.

jazvdb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
If it's a software issue (and probably IT IS), then the worst it could happen is that your cache/system files on the HD get damaged.

The PS3 will automatically repair them / generate new ones if that's the case.

That happened to me, thank god the PS3 fixed it..

I was gonna cry when i saw the "files corrupted "

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
nico445 said:
yeah i know but at the end i mean a friend with a slim ps3, his one freezes up all the time. and it doesn't have any problems yet
You know that sentence completely contradicts itself, right? If it's freezing it obviously IS having problems.... A console with no problems doesn't freeze all the time. Maybe try giving the PS3 a nice sweater or a blanket and it won't be freezing anymore...lol!

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
RchUncleSkeleton said:
nico445 said:
yeah i know but at the end i mean a friend with a slim ps3, his one freezes up all the time. and it doesn't have any problems yet
You know that sentence completely contradicts itself, right? If it's freezing it obviously IS having problems.... A console with no problems doesn't freeze all the time. Maybe try giving the PS3 a nice sweater or a blanket and it won't be freezing anymore...lol!
haha yeah but it's like when he tries to boot unsupported games and sometimes it just happends, probably something with the dongle but i'll update it in a while to a cfw. but i want to wait that still out until it's really stable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool