Trophies
XP
Country

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um...it's still 2011, right? Not that 2 months are gonna change much but...posting such claims in October is ridiculous.
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Fiscal_year
I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm gonna go a bit stupid here, but according to this then, the 3DS didn't do too bad; It did 5mil vs. 6.3mil in 2.5 quarters vs. 4 quarters.

Dont listen to him, you were right, these are YTD sales. It even says that in the op (US: NPD, Jan to Sep. JP:Media Create, Week 1 to Week 42. EU: Nintendo, Week 1 to Week 41)
So there are still 3 months of more sales, specially with the holiday season coming up.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Don't forget, we still have yet to see the holiday season come around, which will drive in at least a million in the hardware front for most (if not all) categories. Alas, it was bound to happen eventually, seeing Sony's recent efforts in promoting the hardware with a much lower price and great games as well. The question should be: Will the PS3 end up out-selling the Xbox 360 by the end of their respective life-times?

Fiscal years start in April, and end in March of the next year. It doesn't apply to anything in this case.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This must be welcome news for Sony; it seems that the PSN scandal earlier this year hasn't hurt their sales too badly.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I agree with a lot of the post here. Most people that want a Wii or a 360 most likely already have one, I think when I bought my PS3 in July or August there was still new exploitable consoles on the selves so yes it getting exploited that could factor in. Now that the reset glitch hack is out for the 360 sales will probably increase because of people getting another 360 to exploit. The comparison Killzone 3 and the 360 release of LA Noire is a little unbalanced because an exclusive game should not be compared to a multi-console release. Really comparing console sales is really pointless in way since most of the money Sony MS or Nintendo make is gonna come from Game sales anyway.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh great...now I've gotta hear jack tretton run his mouth again with his lavish tale of how sony invented the wheel.

I'm sure the increase in sales is largely attributed to the release of cfw and the relative ease of playing backups.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm sure the increase in sales is largely attributed to the release of cfw and the relative ease of playing backups.
No, if this was the case then everyone would own a DS
Everyone really owns a DS :P

But the PS3 definitly deserves this for 2011. So many great games!
Not everyone, also apple would still be number one on the smartphone sales
Come on guys, I know not everyone owns a DS. Don't take everything so serious ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: One gram of felony? +1