Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure you can watch Blu-Ray disks on it.. Since it plays PS3 games, which are on Blu-Ray disks.

Umm.. For the remote, I think you can use the PS3 controller, since that was what you did with the DVD playback on the PS2.

~Nero

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
You can use the controller. Only use the remote of you feel like you need the 'authentic' experience
tongue.gif

The PS3 I find makes an awesome DVD and Blu-Ray player. It's picture is a lot better than the standalone BD Players I've seen. Only issue I have with the PS3 on that end though is that the effin' controller does not auto-shutoff after 5 mins or so of inactivity. This means while your movie is playing, you gotta take those extra 5 seconds to hold the PS button, choose to shut off the controller, and disturb your movie watching. I'd rather just put the controller down like the other consoles, but no, Sony are lazy bastards.

--Henry

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you get a PS3, you will need a HDMI cable. It does not come with one
laugh.gif
You can use the controller like someone else has said. You can also use the remote either the official bluetooth one. Or you can buy a cheap IR remote off ebay. If you have a PS2 remote, ps2 IR reciever and a USB ps2 adapter. You can use the ps2 remote on the ps3, or one of the multi purpose remote things.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought it 80gb today (at a very, very good bargain, I'll say that
wink.gif
). Two more questions:
Can it output video in HDMI and audio through the optical port at the same time?
Also, if I put in a CD, will it autoplay?

edit: both questions answered by a quick google search. now I'm going to go play some SMG
wub.gif
and totally ignore motorstorm.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You can use the controller. Only use the remote of you feel like you need the 'authentic' experience
tongue.gif

The PS3 I find makes an awesome DVD and Blu-Ray player. It's picture is a lot better than the standalone BD Players I've seen. Only issue I have with the PS3 on that end though is that the effin' controller does not auto-shutoff after 5 mins or so of inactivity. This means while your movie is playing, you gotta take those extra 5 seconds to hold the PS button, choose to shut off the controller, and disturb your movie watching. I'd rather just put the controller down like the other consoles, but no, Sony are lazy bastards.

--Henry

Lol it sounds like your being the lazy bastard not Sony
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...