Country
United States

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the idps is what it's sent to sony's servers when you connect to psn. with this, you could extract the idps and use it on another console (if you were banned for example).

UltramanMHA

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
btw, you can use the idps with a backup made by the ps3. it requires one. this should allow the injection of backups similar to the image tools on the psv.

Sorry, can you elaborate on this a bit more? How does IDPS allow for backup injection? And by "a backup made by the ps3" what do you mean, how would you create a backup from a OFW ps3?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, can you elaborate on this a bit more? How does IDPS allow for backup injection? And by "a backup made by the ps3" what do you mean, how would you create a backup from a OFW ps3?

sorry, I misspoke which is why I edited my post (but this was at about the same time you replied to the original post). your idps is the console-specific id btw. I think this method has been patched by sony. originally, you could use your idps to decrypt backups and inject content into them. I believe this was patched post 4.70. I don't know how the method was patched. I've never used the backup method since I'm on cfw. the purpose of this is obtaining the idps without a hardware flasher.

Last edited by godreborn,
Reactions: UltramanMHA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool