PS1/2 PS2 Slim Stopped Reading

southpaw117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had a modded PS2 Slim for at least 6-8 months, as I bought it off of a friend. I've never once tried a burned disc as I bought it to play actual games.

Long story short, I had acquired a 1x-burned copy of San Andreas, and it would freeze when I would try to use a vehicle. I tried to get it working about 6 times. I left the room for about 5 minutes while it was frozen once, before I came back and turned it off. Something tells me this was the problem, as a few hours later when I tried out the disc, it wouldn't read it, nor any regular PS1 or PS2 games.

If I try a PS2 game, the disc spins and eventually slows, then spins and slows again, and it repeates this a few times before it just stops spinning altogether, resulting in a disc read error.
If I try a PS1 game, it continually spins, and the disc is recognized, however I'm stuck at the browser, as selecting the disc just brings me back there after a few seconds of black.

I've never tried a movie or music disc before, so this may be unrelated, but with a DVD, it spins 45 degrees, stops, tries again, and then shuts off. Music works perfectly.

I've tried cleaning the lens very carefully with both a Q-tip and the edge of a dust cloth, but nothing works now after trying that burned disc.

What can I do?

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im no electronics expert, but perhaps the extended period of time frozen overloaded or overheated some part crucial to gameplay or dvd play...graphics processor perhaps??? cant say as you say it is a modded ps2, maybe the modchip fried... is there any way to restore it to original if the ods parts are still lying around? they are cheap enough now maybe u should just get a new ps2 or better yet a ps3(not slim 80gb) make sure the particular model can play all 3 generations of games and stick to originals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...