PS2 HARD DRIVE RECOMMENDATIONS

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by tatur2d2, Jul 23, 2015.

1. tatur2d2
    OP

tatur2d2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    United States
    Hello, I just softmodded my fat ps2 and I was wonder how you actually copy the games from the PC to the HDD.

In this case i have the following concerns

1) I just bought a Western 250GB Digital IDE Western Digital WD2500 (MODEL - WD2500JB-57GVC0). Unfortunately it does not fiT on the Network Adapter. Any recommendations?

2) Also, when I connect this same Hard drive to the pc it is not being recognized , this happen when i connect it using VANTEC SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 adapter Mode. Since i though this will be the easiest way to copy the ps2 backup games from the pc to the ps2 hdd.

Thanks for your time

2. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hello and welcome to GBATemp!

For recommendations you can look here. You can also see if the HDD you want to use does fit in the adapter or not.

What program do you use for the transfer? You know that you can't just drag & drop, right?

3. tatur2d2
    OP

tatur2d2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2015
    United States
    I could not use any program because my computer does not recognized the HDD when i connect it thru the adapter VANTEC SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 adapter Mode.

4. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    There is no PC sound when you connect it? No light on the adapter or something else?