Persona 3
Armored Core 3 Portable
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven Portable
Armored Core Silent Line Portable
Fu-un Shinsengumi Portable
Tenchu: Kurenai Portable
Armored Core Last Raven Portable
Magna Carta

all originated on the PS2 so yes it's possible. If you're missing the words "Emulation of" in the topic title then no, it's not.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Let me just fire up that Nintendo Wii emulator on my Nintendo DS, that PSX emulator on my old Gameboy, and...oh wait, we aren't naming off impossible things?

The PSP can barely run an N64 emulator.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As people have already said, it isn't possible. While some PS2 games have been released on to the PSP, they have been redone to run as native PSP games, not some kind of emulation.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gavia said:
I was just wondering since you could play ps1 games on the psp y not ps2

PS2 is powerful. It requires a good system just to emulate it. A PSP has nowhere near the power required. A PS1 and a PS2 have nothing in common past both being made by Sony, thus having some cosmetic similarities.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
Gavia said:

PS2 is powerful. It requires a good system just to emulate it. A PSP has nowhere near the power required. A PS1 and a PS2 have nothing in common past both being made by Sony, thus having some cosmetic similarities.
Interestingly enough, the GC was a hair more powerful.
Now like Xist said, certain games are made for the PSP from developers. The PSP just isnt strong physically (hardwarewise) enough to support the complex PS2 coding.

Now that said, i am crossing my fingers for PSP Vita PS2 emulator. Even if it has somewhat flaky game support like most 64 game emulators, i will still get one. star ocean till the ends of time/FF12/ratchet n clank series on a handheld? HELL yes, please.

So come sit by me, cross your fingers, and wait.
biggrin.gif
yaypsp.gif

oh and bring your PSP.

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BortzANATOR said:
Now that said, i am crossing my fingers for PSP Vita PS2 emulator. Even if it has somewhat flaky game support like most 64 game emulators, i will still get one. star ocean till the ends of time/FF12/ratchet n clank series on a handheld? HELL yes, please.

Not a chance, it's not a question of processing power alone, with the exception of the launch ps3, the other ps3 aren't capable of playing a ps2 game and, yet, you would hope for a console less powerful than a ps3 to be able to do it?

The problem doesn't come from the amount of processing power alone, the ps2 used a custom processor and gpu (emotion engine + Graphics Synthesizer) which has an architecture different than anything else on the market (so do the cell processor), compiling a game for the ps2 was challenging (the same can be said for the ps3).
The only way to have ps2 games on the vita would be to recompile them.

one of the reason why ps1 "emulation" was foreseeable on the psp (btw, it's not emulated), the cpu used by the ps1 was a mips R3000 @33.86mhz and on the psp, a customized mips R4000 @222-333 mhz

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gavia said:
With that logic, that would mean that my SNES should be able to play N64 games.
PSP is powerful, but it's no where near powerful enough to play PS2 games.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are some games you can link up to for bonus option but i only know 2 of each ps2 and psp and i forget what there names are...

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
DJPlace said:
there are some games you can link up to for bonus option but i only know 2 of each ps2 and psp and i forget what there names are...

I know of

Outrun 2006
Daxter (PSP) - Jak X (PS2)
SOCOM titles

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBladeX said:
DJPlace said:

I know of

Outrun 2006
Daxter (PSP) - Jak X (PS2)
SOCOM titles

now i rember one more

yu-gi-oh gx (ps2) yu-gi-oh tag force 2 (psp)

and daxter is the one i remberred but i forget what that ps2 game was it and was jax X thanks for the answer.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Okay, while looking to see if I could find a better list of games with PS2 - PSP game sync, I came across this page that might be of interest. It uses the Japanese only PSX model of the PS2 (not a PS1, the PSX is a special model of PS2 with extra hardware including a built in hard drive, look it up on Wiki for more info), and maybe you could duplicate it with a original model PS2 with Network Adapter. But it requires some other hardware, and is therefor expensive for what would be limited.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5700636_play-ps2-game-psp.html

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Somehow i don't think that's an authentic method. Even if this was real it would be awful - Not only are you using a USB 1.1 connection to the Location Free station, but then you're wirelessly sending the game data.

Given movies can be choppy even IF you could use Location Free for gaming over wifi connected consoles doing it this way would be worse than Daedalus.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
shadow100z said:
isn't there an home brew app or something though that a pc will run a ps2 emulator and stream it to the psp?
Yeah... but I can't remember the name right now.

Though it was a little laggy when I tried it, and it does use up some CPU, and with PS2 emulation CPU usage is already going to be stressed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro