Hardware PS Vita Orange Light blinks

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heey guys,

I recently bought a ps vita. Only now it doesnt work anymore, it cant start up or charge.
If I plug it in to my PC the PC recognises it correctly and it actually says that the battery is 0%
I tried all sort of things already like unplug the battery and stuff but all with no luck. Could the problem be that I don't have a memory card? or is it the battery itself?
Please help me! I really want to play my games.

thanks for the time!

nielspieleke

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The orange blinking light indicates having no charge, and the Vita won't turn on until it has enough charge (the orange light will be solid instead of blinking).

Either you have a bad charger cable, a bad USB wall adapter (assuming that's what you're using) or what is highly unlikely, a bad internal battery. I suggest trying a different wall adapter and a different cable, leave it over night, and see if the Vita is charged in the morning.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think it's the cable and tried all the other stuff already. Pushing button 30 seconds etc.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bought it used, I dont have a memory card with it. PC does recognise it and displays the battery as 0% and plugged in. The light blinks dofferently sometimes. I've seen the light blink orange once and then goes off, saw the light blink orange twice and goes off and saw the light blink orange a couple of times and go off after like 30 seconds or it blinks all the time. It could be that it needs a memory card again to get up and running but i dont think that is necessary. I just think it is a faulty battery

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the help so far guys!

Did you try to just leave it pluged into the charger?
When the vita is completely of of battery it take up to 45 minutes till it turns back on.
I have it charged over night and have it charge for a couple of hours a day, the last two days
So the change in blinking of the orange light could be because the battery is actually fully charged, but the Vita just doesn't want to turn on.
I get the battery icon with a line across it, saying the battery is completely dead and needs to be charged.

edit:
I'm receiving the battery the day after tomorrow so will report back if it has worked.
if any of you has still some tips or advice, I gladly like to hear it, also for other people with the same problem

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How have you been charging it? I've left mine plugged into a PS3 or my laptop for 6-12 hours at a time with a completely dead battery and it won't actually charge, same with a portable battery packed that claimed to support up to 1.5A charging. If I plug it into the proper charging brick, the PSP Go brick, or just about any 1.5-2.1A USB charger it'll charge and turn on within an hour.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How have you been charging it? I've left mine plugged into a PS3 or my laptop for 6-12 hours at a time with a completely dead battery and it won't actually charge, same with a portable battery packed that claimed to support up to 1.5A charging. If I plug it into the proper charging brick, the PSP Go brick, or just about any 1.5-2.1A USB charger it'll charge and turn on within an hour.

First I charged it the 'normal' way, so with the official adapter. After having it charged over night, I plugged it in my PC the other day. Discovering that my PC read it fine actually, though I can't read what's on the Vita, but that could be because I have no memory card inserted yet. My PC also says the battery is 0%, but plugged in(because it is plugged in to the PC ofcourse). So tried charging it both, with just usb and the official adapter. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3, but it would be the same as the PC I guess.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I suggest installing CMA (PSVita Content Manager, it's required for the system to be connected correctly) and attempting to connect the system to a PC and charging it that way. It's entirely possible that your USB charger is faulty or something.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suggest installing CMA (PSVita Content Manager, it's required for the system to be connected correctly) and attempting to connect the system to a PC and charging it that way. It's entirely possible that your USB charger is faulty or something.

But if the charger is faulty, then the PS button should not light up right?

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It shouldn't, yes, but perhaps the voltage isn't right or the PSVita refuses to accept the charge for whatever reason. It's good to explore all the options before assuming things. ;)

That's right, but since I don't have much money and I'm taking driving lessons(which cost A LOT) I decided to buy a new battery, because that is the most logical solution at the moment.
The USB cable can't be broken or something, because my PC can read the PS Vita fine, even a little tool(I can't tell you the name of it I guess) could read it fine, but couldn't connect because there must be an app running to connect the program with the Vita.
So conclusion so far:
Can connect to PC fine, but can't read any data from it(could be because of no memory card inserted, don't know)
The PS button lights up orange, always blinks, but not always the exact same way.
When powering on, it shows a battery icon with a line through it, saying it hasn't enough power to turn on and needs to be charged.
Cables aren't faulty
tried pressing the power button for 30 seconds, Power buton + Volume plus button + PS button, R shoulder + PS button + Power button

really thanks for the replies and the help!

edit:
My mom adviced to leave the battery in the freezer, would that help?

war2thegrave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You dropped it, didn't you?
If you're lucky, it may just be the chip inside the battery.

I had a similar issue with my launch vita.
I was able to coax it back to life by randomly holding the power button or recovery mode combo,
but after the second time it happened, I gave up and got a slim.

D

Deleted User

That wouldn't work I think, because in the vitas settings theres an option to use power from USB connection or not. If thats not ticked then it won't do anything.

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Heey guys
I got my battery today and installed it in my Vita
and I am very disappointed right now... It gives me the exact same thing as with the old battery
I can't bring it back like all those guys on other forums could, so I am stuck with a broken PS Vita with an unknown cause of failure...

pikpol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It shouldn't, yes, but perhaps the voltage isn't right or the PSVita refuses to accept the charge for whatever reason. It's good to explore all the options before assuming things. ;)

I've got the battery working completely right now. Thanks for all the support guys!
Though it still wont turn on. It only does something when I plug it in my PC.
Then the screen flashes for less than a second and the access indicator for the PS Vita game card flashes for a second. Then it sort of disconnects from the PC. Really strange.

I also called PlayStation and they said that I could send it to them and I could buy a refurbished one for 75 Euros. But I'm not going to do that. Then I could better buy a pre-owned Vita.
So anyone who knows what it could be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey