Hacking PS Vita 3.18

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
atSora Takeuchi. No stop m8 now, don't update!!!

You guys don't tell him to update at all that's wrong and misleading to him, you never know whats coming round the corner, you can leave your Vita on 3.18 and still do everything apart from the PSN store and really whats that to offer to you???, nothing just crappy free downloads and over expensive games that can be bought online or in a shop for next to nothing!. So no m8 don't update your 3.18 Vita, most of these peeps that are telling you this information up above either probably screwing cause they don't have a Vita on 3.18 anymore because they have updated them out of frustration or accidental, I don't know or just even tricking you into updating your Vita or probably don't even own a Vita in the first instance :evil:

Wtf are you on? My suggestion is based on the current situation as of now and there will not be a kernel exploit any time soon for the vita. The PS3 is not fully hacked which is 7 years old and security is tight on the vita and hardly anyone is interested in breaking it.

If people are desperate to play online or whatever then update, so either keep it at 3.18 and use another vita for online. But to come in here spreading complete bullshit accusing people of telling him to update because they dont own a vita is damm right pathetic.

If you don't have anything to contribute in a positive manner then keep quiet and have resepect for other users here.

Reactions: lytro

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
or trade your vita with someone and use the bargain money to buy your game. But i still prefer the buy the game box with manuals etc...

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Slightly off topic, but relevant - if a game asks you to update, can you ignore the update and play the game anyway?

Tempted to buy Phantasy Star Nova, but there's a chance that is has the 3.30 update. I have no intention of updating past 3.18.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I just skimmed the thread, but I top lol'd at those saying "of course something is coming!"

It has been months since the web exploit was discovered. You know what the exploit does? Nothing. Nothing at all. They're still poking and prodding it hoping to find kernel level access, but after months of several people trying to find something, it is seeming increasingly unlikely that the web exploit will ever lead to anything more. With that said, the only value that currently comes from 3.18 and below is having the ability to install TN-V with the correct exploit game, or to create positively worthless though neat custom bubbles. As it stands, sure, 3.18 is the firmware to watch for, but at the same time, there is no saying anything will ever actually come of it and that when a kernel level exploit is found that it won't be accessible on higher firmwares.

Yeah, every system gets cracked eventually, but acting like anything happening on 3.18 is an inevitability is kind of stupid. You can stay on 3.18 if you're expecting miracles to magically spring from the web exploit that seems to be nothing but a dead end, or you can update and continue to enjoy the Vita for everything it can do as I have.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
^It's a personal decision, of course. I'm not expecting the Vita to be cracked anytime soon because encryptions have reached a point where they're possibly too difficult for people to hack without organising in some great way.

My Vita is on 3.18 because I bought my Vita on release and it gathered dust until the 3.18 exploit was released. There's plenty of great games of course, but nothing I felt like buying. TN-V has given my Vita a new lease of life. Other people might not value that so much. Personal decision.

Reactions: yuyuyup

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Wtf are you on? My suggestion is based on the current situation as of now and there will not be a kernel exploit any time soon for the vita. The PS3 is not fully hacked which is 7 years old and security is tight on the vita and hardly anyone is interested in breaking it.

If people are desperate to play online or whatever then update, so either keep it at 3.18 and use another vita for online. But to come in here spreading complete bullshit accusing people of telling him to update because they dont own a vita is damm right pathetic.

If you don't have anything to contribute in a positive manner then keep quiet and have resepect for other users here.

Well if that comment convinces yourself of your stupidity then good for you, you carry right on!

"Personally, I'd either update it" Yeah nice one, really clever answer to someone that had a chance on FW3.18! if a hack was right around the corner and was released would that then of been a clever reply??? FKNO, course not!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slightly off topic, but relevant - if a game asks you to update, can you ignore the update and play the game anyway?

Tempted to buy Phantasy Star Nova, but there's a chance that is has the 3.30 update. I have no intention of updating past 3.18.

Pretty sure you can't. If it's a game update instead of a firmware update, it depends on whether the game has online and what kind of patch it is, usually. 1.01 for an offline game can usually be skipped, but pretty sure if it has a system update you're just screwed.

Reactions: Deleted-355425

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Well if that comment convinces yourself of your stupidity then good for you, you carry right on!

"Personally, I'd either update it" Yeah nice one, really clever answer to someone that had a chance on FW3.18! if a hack was right around the corner and was released would that then of been a clever reply??? FKNO, course not!

Stupidity??:lol:

It's my opinion idiot, there is no hack out or will be in the near future. Do you have a Crystal ball?

And I said if he wants online, as a real MUST for PSN then go ahead and update, as there are some that will sacrifice their firmware version so they will get online again regardless.

Or keep the 3.18 and buy another legit for online....etc.

Web exploits dont mean jack shit to the end user, as of now on the vita and the WiiU also, they are for devs, so carry on with exploits for dummies, as it clearly shows you don't have clue of how this stuff works and instead follow sheep like the rest "hitting the download" button whilst disrespecting other users and opinions.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Haven't even bothered with this thread anymore but at the end of the day what is the main rule in hacking handhelds/consoles "always stay on the lowest firmware possible" :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM