Hacking PS Vita 1000 3G udcd-uvc + charge possible?

kingrun2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I know the plugin for USB streaming to PC generates a lot of audio noise when USB power supply is enabled. I do have an option of fixing the noise but problem is the PC usb just is not suited to charge the Vita and stream video (usually it just doesn't charge at all or does it VERY very slowly). So I'm thinking of ways to go around this.

-I've seen the USB charge mods around one where you splice the usb cable and short the data connections but that disables the ability to stream with the UDCD plugin.

-Other option is to add another USB via soldering/modding. I didn't get a clear answer on this as it seems that both data connections and GND and +5V points are soldered so I'm guessing only one connection would work and not both at the same time. Correct me if I'm wrong or if there is another way to go around this.

-Less intrusive idea is to maybe use a USB Y cable basically splitting the USB into two plugs as one goes into the PC for data and the other end plugs into a charger to provide power. Not tested so I have no clue if it would work.

-My last option is maybe using a Powered USB Hub with a 5V 2amp adapter plugged into it? So that it would connect via PC but also be provided enough power supply through the hub?

These are my thoughts at the moment and I am just trying to figure out if there is an option to both stream video via the usb connection but also keeping the console charged so that it doesn't deplete the battery.

Any ideas/suggestions are very welcome.

Last edited by kingrun2,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL