Hacking Homebrew Homebrew app Vita infinite boot loop after installing UDCD-UVC

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just put UDCD-UVC (both the default and OLED-off versions) on my Vita 1000, following the instructions on its Github page to put the files in the ur0 folder and add their directories under the Taihen config file's kernels section through WinSCP. After rebooting the console, it now gets stuck in an infinite boot loop whenever I turn it on. Holding down the L button on startup doesn't show the Henkaku settings in the settings app, and I can't seem to access the ur0 folder in Windows 11 file explorer.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Create a blank text file and name it "config.txt" and place it in a folder "tai" in ux0. Then when you boot it will override the one in ur0 and you won't need to hold L so you will be able to access VitaShell and remove the one from ur0.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
UPDATE: Was in the same situation and my previous reply didn't actually work.

Easy fix for this situation:
https://psvitamod.com/vitashell/

A plugin stopped my Vita powering, couldn't turn on without holding L which removes Vitashell with no way to remove the plugin. Henkaku.xyz in the browser didn't work since version spoofing was on so my firmware too high. Couldn't use an old Sony Memory Card with without formatting. Basically no way to turn on the Vita or get the plugin off causing it.

The guide above is very simple and works great. Vitashell didn't show up on the Vita the first time but I reinstalled QCMA and then it worked second try. I plugged it in via USB.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: Was in the same situation and my previous reply didn't actually work.

Easy fix for this situation:
https://psvitamod.com/vitashell/

A plugin stopped my Vita powering, couldn't turn on without holding L which removes Vitashell with no way to remove the plugin. Henkaku.xyz in the browser didn't work since version spoofing was on so my firmware too high. Couldn't use an old Sony Memory Card with without formatting. Basically no way to turn on the Vita or get the plugin off causing it.

The guide above is very simple and works great. Vitashell didn't show up on the Vita the first time but I reinstalled QCMA and then it worked second try. I plugged it in via USB.
I did everything in the guide and then the steps you provided, including creating a new config.txt in ux0/tai and deleting the one from ur0/tai. The Vita still infinitely attempts to boot, only now it only lasts on the Enso logo for a few seconds before starting over.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I did everything in the guide and then the steps you provided, including creating a new config.txt in ux0/tai and deleting the one from ur0/tai. The Vita still infinitely attempts to boot, only now it only lasts on the Enso logo for a few seconds before starting over.
You're supposed to hold L at startup. Does it boot then?

You said:
"Holding down the L button on startup doesn't show the Henkaku settings in the settings app, and I can't seem to access the ur0 folder in Windows 11 file explorer."

You can use the full access to ur0 provided by the VitaShell app, which you installed in the guide, to remove or delete whatever you changed in your plugins that started the boot loop.

1. Hold L at starup
2. Install vitashell
3. Use vitashell to remove plugin.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're supposed to hold L at startup. Does it boot then?

You said:
"Holding down the L button on startup doesn't show the Henkaku settings in the settings app, and I can't seem to access the ur0 folder in Windows 11 file explorer."

You can use the full access to ur0 provided by the VitaShell app, which you installed in the guide, to remove or delete whatever you changed in your plugins that started the boot loop.

1. Hold L at starup
2. Install vitashell
3. Use vitashell to remove plugin.
I already did all of that. This is supposed to make it so the Vita boots to my homebrew without holding L anymore after I do it once to remove the plugin, right? Unless I now have to hold L every time, which isn't quite a solution.

There should really be a warning placed on the page for this plugin if it's instantly crippling entire homebrew installs.

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I already did all of that. This is supposed to make it so the Vita boots to my homebrew without holding L anymore after I do it once to remove the plugin, right? Unless I now have to hold L every time, which isn't quite a solution.

There should really be a warning placed on the page for this plugin if it's instantly crippling entire homebrew installs.
When you don't hold L, your Vita won't get to the home screen, right?

When you hold L, your Vita boots, but, all homebrew is removed, right?

You can't remove the plugin without homebrew, so there's nothing you can do to remove it, to get it to turn on without L.

So, while you have held down L to launch without homebrew, you can add homebrew to that L-booted state so you have something to remove the plugin with, by installing Vitashell with the guide above. Then open Vitashell and backspace the lines of the plugin from the file "config.txt" in a folder "tai" in ur0, where you installed it.

Now, with the plugin removed, your Vita turns on without holding L. You can also delete the entire "tai" folder in ur0: to remove and delete all plugins from your Vita.

CaseyDog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you don't hold L, your Vita won't get to the home screen, right?

When you hold L, your Vita boots, but, all homebrew is removed, right?

You can't remove the plugin without homebrew, so there's nothing you can do to remove it, to get it to turn on without L.

So, while you have held down L to launch without homebrew, you can add homebrew to that L-booted state so you have something to remove the plugin with, by installing Vitashell with the guide above. Then open Vitashell and backspace the lines of the plugin from the file "config.txt" in a folder "tai" in ur0, where you installed it.

Now, with the plugin removed, your Vita turns on without holding L. You can also delete the entire "tai" folder in ur0: to remove and delete all plugins from your Vita.
I already did all of these steps and it just made the boot loop worse, like I said

zebragreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I already did all of these steps and it just made the boot loop worse, like I said
Does your Vita boot when you hold L at startup?
YES ------> When you hold L at startup, it launches the Vita with all plugins disabled.
NO-------> This boot loop is not caused by any plugin.

If YES, if you erase the folder "tai" from ur0: and "tai" from ux0:, then you have ERASED ALL PLUGINS from your Vita.
Therefore, if your Vita boots while holding L, the only difference of holding "L" is that it boots the Vita without plugins.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1