PS TV always asks to connect the controller to press the PS button after being turned on

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Also, what's faster, copying USB 2.0 flash drive's content to PC or copying SD2VITA's content to PC? And what about copying their content from the PC to the USB 2.0 flash drive/SD2VITA?

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, yes (not the not being able to automount USB to ux0 one, which is/was recent). I set ux0 to internal memory, restarted, same issue. That's why I asked f it was really necessary to take the SD2Vita out of my PS Vita and attach it to the PS TV and turning if off and on when taking the USB of the PS TV and turning it off and on should be enough to clarify if the problem is related to USB or not.

I do but it only has a kernel.txt file.

Sorry, but what I meant was, when installing HENkaku for the first time, I suppose ux0 is assigned to internal memory. After installing YAMT and setting USB/SD2Vita to ux0 and internal storage to Default, will it set internal storage back to ux0 since its Default location is precisely ux0 and because of that both internal storage and external storage will be assigned to ux0? It's not a question of wanting to set both storages to the same location, but if setting ux0 to USB/SD2Vita and Default to internal storage may actually set the same location to both storages and cause problems. If so, I shouldn't set internal storage to Default or USB/SD2Vita to external storage (in spite of wanting the latter).

It's clear the issue isn't the USB. You don't need to move your SD2VITA anymore.

Don't worry about the tai folder on the USB, it's fine.

When you set something to ux0, the internal is automatically assigned back to imc0.

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd start by disabling all plugins that aren't absolutely essential and seeing if that works.

On the ur0:/tai/config.txt

Try putting a # in front of every plugin except the required plugins. The required are:

ur0:tai/yamt.suprx
ur0:tai/yamt_helper.skprx
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx (there are multiple of this)

If the PSTV works fine, If start removing the # in front of the plugins a few at a time and restarting until the issue arises.

If you disable then all with the # and it still doesn't work, you probably need to format the PSTV. Sorry. :(

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's clear the issue isn't the USB. You don't need to move your SD2VITA anymore.

Don't worry about the tai folder on the USB, it's fine.

When you set something to ux0, the internal is automatically assigned back to imc0.

So, the original internal partition is imc0? Before setting "ux0" to "SD2VITA" (on the PS Vita's case) or "USB/PSVSD" (on the PS TV's case) in YAMT, is internal storage set to imc0? Are h-encore² and VitaDeploy copied to imc0 and not ux0? But what if I set "imc0:" to "SD2VITA" (on the PS Vita's case) or "USB/PSVSD" (on the PS TV's case) in YAMT? Also, the storage seen when connecting the PS Vita to PC via USB is the PS Vita's internal storage, external storage or idoes it depend on what ux0 is set to (I guess)?

I'd start by disabling all plugins that aren't absolutely essential and seeing if that works.

Try putting a # in front of every plugin except the required plugins. The required are:

If the PSTV works fine, If start removing the # in front of the plugins a few at a time and restarting until the issue arises.

If you disable then all with the # and it still doesn't work, you probably need to format the PSTV. Sorry. :(

But how can I do it if AutoPlugin II doesn't appear and I can't connect the PS Vita to PC via FTP?

You don't have to be sorry. I just hope it's not more serious than that, like a hardware issue.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But how can I doo it if AutoPlugin II doesn't show up and I can't connect the PS Vita to PC via FTP?

You don't have to be sorry, I just hope it isn't more serious than that, I mean a PS TV hardware issue or something like that.

You need to boot with ux0 as internal storage or with YAMT disabled (in Settings > devices > storage Devices: uncheck use YAMT or set ux0 to internal).

Then you reboot and hopefully your homebrew will be there?

Then you use VitaShell for disable the plugins with #.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I think I'll even format the PS Vita (and its SD2VITA) even though it's fine just to format its SD2VITA (and PS TV's USB flash drive) in YAMT so that I don't have to follow those zzBlank.img and Win32 Disk Imager steps the next time I reinstall h-encore² for some reason. I'll even write a step-by-step guide on a TXT file or something like that just to know what I have to do to hack the PS Vita (and the PS TV) because I might forget all the steps next time since it's complicated for me.

You need to boot with ux0 as internal storage or with YAMT disabled (in Settings > devices > storage Devices: uncheck use YAMT or set ux0 to internal).

Then you reboot and hopefully your homebrew will be there?

Then you use VitaShell for disable the plugins with #.

I already set "ux0:" to "Internal Storage" in YAMT and rebooted the PS TV and the homebrew still doesn't appear in LiveArea.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the original internal directory is imc0? Before setting SD2Vita or USB to ux0, internal is assigned to imc0? Downloaded h-encore and VitaDeploy before hacking PS Vita/PS TV are transferred to imc0 and not ux0? But what if I set on YAMT external storage to imc0? Also, the storage we see when we connect the PS Vita to PC via USB is the PS Vita's internal storage, external storage or it depends on what is set to uxo (at least I think what we see on the PC via USB is ux0's content).

imc0 isn't normally accessible in YAMT. It gets mounted to ux0. Only ux0 is the home bubbles.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, but what's internal memory's default directory?
Internal storage is imc0 unless it's mounted elsewhere like to ux0 or uma0.

Ok... So maybe you internal storage was formatted...?

You could try disabling YAMT to see if your internal is really blank or if something is overriding YAMT (uncheck "use YAMT" in device settings and then reboot).

If you disable YAMT and go to Settings > System > System Information - do you see space in memory card?

If so, we can get a version of Vitashell called molecularshell from henkaku.xyz

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, we have been working on this for over a day and a half straight. If you want to return to this later we can.

I'm fine replying a lot from work. But if you want a break, we will still be here tomorrow and next week.

godreborn basically lives here. :)
(Not trying to offend, just being silly)

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Internal storage is imc0 unless it's mounted elsewhere like to ux0 or uma0.

Ok... So maybe you internal storage was formatted...?

You could try disabling YAMT to see if your internal is really blank or if something is overriding YAMT (uncheck use YAMT).

If you disable YAMT and go to Settings > System > System Information - do you see space in memory card?

I just restarted the PS TV without doing that and without the USB flash drive inserted and all homebrew returned to LiveArea.

Reactions: Anderxale

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But it still required the controller using USB and went to recovery, right? Or no?

I think setting "ux0:" to "Internal Storage" in YAMT and restarting the PS TV made the homebrew return to LiveArea. I guess I forgot to restart it.

It still requires it since I'm still asked to connect the controller via USB and press the PS button (if doing so, Safe Mode is accessed). What should be done, then?

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, what is faster, copying USB Flash Drive 2.0's content to PC or copying SD2Vita's content to PC? And regarding copying their content back to the USB Flash Drive 2.0/SD2Vita?
If you are connecting the vita to the computer, the Vita only has USB2.0. It can read faster than it can write, so copying from the Vita to the computer is faster than copying from the computer to the vita.

I suggest a MicroSD adapter for the SD2VITA card and taking that or the USB storage to the computer to transfer large files.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think setting YAMT to internal storage and restarting made the apps return. I think I forgot to restart it.

Yes, it still requires it and goes to recovery menu. What should I do, then?
Disable the plugins using VitaShell or FTP like I mentioned above.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you are connecting the vita to the computer, the Vita only has USB2.0. It can read faster than it can write, so copying from the Vita to the computer is faster than copying from the computer to the vita.

I suggest a MicroSD adapter for the SD2VITA card and taking that or the USB storage to the computer to transfer large files.

I have an USB 3.0 microSD card reader. Will it be faster than copying from PS TV's USB flash drive to PC?

@Anderxale and @godreborn, I already did that.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
YES! :)

Well... Faster than connecting a vita or PSTV to the computer to transfer. Probably about the da and as a USB flash drive.

I only connect the PC to the PS Vita and PS TV via FTP.

if it's a plugin, I'll bet it's a kernel one that's causing the problem. you do still have the problem of needing to connect a controller via usb, right?

Yes, I do.

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But your farts no longer make a sound