PlayStation TV Transfer Speed

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there reliable data on USB vs SD2Vita transfer speeds on a PlayStation TV?

I use an external hard drive connected via a powered USB 2 hub on my PlayStation TV and, I swear, that seems to have far faster transfer speeds compared to SD2Vita in my handheld Vita Slim.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if there is much research or testing on it. The gamecards are essentially MMC (MultiMediaCard), which is similar to SD Cards. So back in 2011, SDXC was fairly new, so most likely similar to SDHC speeds? A Type 10 SD card would be about ~10mb speed. So seeing as you said USB HDD seems faster, it probably is.

Reactions: HandsomeJack

HandsomeJack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if there is much research or testing on it. The gamecards are essentially MMC (MultiMediaCard), which is similar to SD Cards. So back in 2011, SDXC was fairly new, so most likely similar to SDHC speeds? A Type 10 SD card would be about ~10mb speed. So seeing as you said USB HDD seems faster, it probably is.
Yeah. The only reason I'm using a HDD is I had a load of kit lying around, most of which wouldn't work on the USB port. I discovered if I connected an ancient USB 2 hub to it and put a 7200RPM drive in an enclosure, connected that to the hub, it worked fine. Like amazingly well, however, the set up looks clumsy and takes up way too much space.

Unfortunately, it seems to be very fussy about which USB 2 devices it'll work with. I've ordered a 1TB memory stick to see if that might work.

Kazesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. The only reason I'm using a HDD is I had a load of kit lying around, most of which wouldn't work on the USB port. I discovered if I connected an ancient USB 2 hub to it and put a 7200RPM drive in an enclosure, connected that to the hub, it worked fine. Like amazingly well, however, the set up looks clumsy and takes up way too much space.

Unfortunately, it seems to be very fussy about which USB 2 devices it'll work with. I've ordered a 1TB memory stick to see if that might work.
As long as the HDD has it's own power supply, it should work.

Reactions: HandsomeJack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: what are you currently playing?