TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ps3news.com via EurAsia said:
A few days back an FLA file and some instructions were posted to compliment the previously released update software for the PSJailBreak Team's PSDowngrade product, and today the PS JailBreak downgrade files have been leaked through a nice but anonymous source on IRC. Currently work is being done towards a free public PS3 downgrader alternative to the pay version, and based on a preliminary examination of the leaked PS Downgrader 3.41 PUP and Lv2diag.self files they appear to include a modified PUP along with the official Sony PlayStation 3 JIG Files that were also leaked nearly two years ago.

Usually JIG files use a special PUP to downgrade as inside its CORE_OS package is flagged for downgrading, however, this is not the case. It seems that the PUP has been modified to allow downgrading, perhaps via another yet undisclosed exploit... Time will tell for sure!
smile.gif

well, anyone looking/willing to get into this and give it a go??

OMFG here it comes! better watch out sony!

source

edit:added source!

edit 2: just realized i mistyped the title, can a mod fix it? i dont see anywhere to do it.

sry everyone i've been sick and i screwed up xD

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If what I think is true (that this works totally outside the firmware) that means that all current PS3 systems will be fully hackable now and forever, and Sony will have to make a totally new hardware revision in order to stop future piracy (as they won't be able to stop current devices without also harming legit users).

Wow.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If what I think is true (that this works totally outside the firmware) that means that all current PS3 systems will be fully hackable now and forever, and Sony will have to make a totally new hardware revision in order to stop future piracy (as they won't be able to stop current devices without also harming legit users).

Wow.

yea, a new hardware revision should be in order.. but then again they might have something up there sleeves.

and it's crazy, i guess geohot feels pretty dumb right now.

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy. Shit. This is probably the best PS3 news in a while, and I'm hoping this won't get patched for quite some time! If a hardware revision is needed, well, then Sony's screwed. Hopefully, the next piece in the PS3 Scene is that the PSGroove will become undetectable by Sony! I'm gonna wait to use Groove until that though...

EDIT: Wait, if the console is downgraded, is it detectable by Sony when you go online? Won't they just ban you or something (assuming of course that they normally DO ban you?

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Nice. I'm glad to see this console hacked. I'm curious to how Sony will handle the situation.

Make more updates and say they did it before Nintendo.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
yeah almost time to get a ps3...almost
smileipb2.png
I am actually considering just going and changing all the things i wanted for Christmas and switching it for a ps3, I am sure it's going to be a tough decision.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
aguyyyy said:
EDIT: Wait, if the console is downgraded, is it detectable by Sony when you go online? Won't they just ban you or something (assuming of course that they normally DO ban you?
Sony's been doing the standard "just check for the latest firmware" deal online, they have NOT banned anybody, so nobody knows what they check for yet.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, it is now confirmed that it will work on firmware's higher than 3.41?
edit: i see, the article kind of hints it, but no word on it yet?
edit: seems to be confirmed by a few people yesterday.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I wouldn't upgrade to anything above 3.41 just because of this news, at least not yet...
... not until there is a fully functioning method available for free

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.