KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
And suddenly I know what I'm getting this christmas.
nayps3.gif

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
question is ... can this be fixed with a simple future update from sony and render this useless .. like we know it can downgrade current firmware, but maybe not future .

... as costello said, stay safe and dnt upgrade till we can confirm future firmware downgrades, i just believe this is for 3.42+ firmware to "X.XX" considering sony does something about this

- lol some major leaks happening to sony ... if this were a full on hack reverse engineered stuff i'd support it, but its just mostly glitching and stealing so blah fuck it - once there are PROPER applications for the PS3 scene other than just piracy i will pick another PS3 up just for Jailbreaking, as of now legit is the way to go with Sony.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Maz7006 said:
- lol some major leaks happening to sony ... if this were a full on hack reverse engineered stuff i'd support it, but its just mostly glitching and stealing so blah fuck it - once there are PROPER applications for the PS3 scene other than just piracy i will pick another PS3 up just for Jailbreaking, as of now legit is the way to go with Sony.

Glitching and stealing? The psjailbreak hack was an actual exploit in the system kernel. No stolen code whatsoever. The team behind psjailbreak may be very commercial, but they are some damn good hackers.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
its great news for piraters but ppl living here still have problem getting games unless this becomes famous here which i dont believe ppl even know about
Would it be easier if people started dumping PS3 games?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stanleyopar2000 said:
If this enables Backwards compatibility i will be SO OVERJOYED that Sony is getting FUCKED.

and yes...I don't even own a PS3.
If you're talking of PS2 Backwards Compability, then no. That's an hardware thing.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darkmystery said:
Maz7006 said:

Glitching and stealing? The psjailbreak hack was an actual exploit in the system kernel. No stolen code whatsoever. The team behind psjailbreak may be very commercial, but they are some damn good hackers.

Stealing - as in they wanted monies, and hey guess what you can do it for free on some devices that you already own

Glitching - this is just a console i debug mode ... where is the "exploit" in that ?

- end of story.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is an awesome news.

The only thing still missing is the files to transform our usb dongle into the jig.

But beware, while the jailbreak does not void your warranty (as far as we know).

I'm pretty sure that access to service mode is logged into the PS3, so if you try this say good bye to your warranty (anyway, you don't really care anymore since you can service it at home now.
laugh.gif
).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
Stealing - as in they wanted monies, and hey guess what you can do it for free on some devices that you already ownSo Microsoft wanting money for Windows when you can get linux for free means they're stealing?
Wal*mart selling birdhouses when you can build your own out of some wood in your back yard means they're stealing?

No.
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+stealing

Maz7006 said:
Glitching - this is just a console i debug mode ... where is the "exploit" in that ?http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+exploit

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Nov 17 2010, 02:23 PM)
- end of story.
Remind me to get you a dictionary for christmas.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
btyre said:
Can this downgrade back to otherOS?
That would be awesome

From what ive read, yes. this will allow you to downgrade to whatever firmware you would like including firmwares that include the otheros feature.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Maz7006 said:
Stealing - as in they wanted monies, and hey guess what you can do it for free on some devices that you already own
the psjb existed before the "free" clones (which are not free as you still need a pricey calc/pricey phone/teensy/whatever)

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Nov 18 2010, 03:23 AM) Glitching - this is just a console i debug mode ... where is the "exploit" in that ?
they exploit the way the ps3 handles usb devices when booting in order to get the ps3 in dev mode

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
aguyyyy said:
Holy. Shit. This is probably the best PS3 news in a while, and I'm hoping this won't get patched for quite some time! If a hardware revision is needed, well, then Sony's screwed. Hopefully, the next piece in the PS3 Scene is that the PSGroove will become undetectable by Sony! I'm gonna wait to use Groove until that though...

EDIT: Wait, if the console is downgraded, is it detectable by Sony when you go online? Won't they just ban you or something (assuming of course that they normally DO ban you?

Technically, yes, sony could detect and ban you for downgrading, since every time you do go online, your system version number is reported, and presumably something that uniquely identifies your console. Now, if you went up to the latest, go online, then downgrade, then go online, boom, sony sees you downgraded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...