I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
Rydian said:
Maz7006 said:
Stealing - as in they wanted monies, and hey guess what you can do it for free on some devices that you already ownSo Microsoft wanting money for Windows when you can get linux for free means they're stealing?
Wal*mart selling birdhouses when you can build your own out of some wood in your back yard means they're stealing?

No.
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+stealing

Maz7006 said:
Glitching - this is just a console i debug mode ... where is the "exploit" in that ?http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+exploit

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Nov 17 2010, 02:23 PM)
- end of story.
Remind me to get you a dictionary for christmas.

1. linux is advertised as being free, not to mention its open source software so your comparison does not fit in this context. Take the PSP for example, CFW, free and it works. Wii, cIOS and its free. Ixtreme for 360, free and it works. All of which is reversed engineering.

2. A PS3 in debug mode is basically what comes with every PS3 out there. Just enabling it that is all. It seems people indirectly found a way to find out how to construct this infamous dongle that messes with the boot code or whatever it does. Not an exploit to me.

3. I believe i do quite well considering my ethic background when it comes to English, yeah i fuck up, but not bad considering i taught myself this language.

its quite sad that i still can't voice my opinion about things, its not that i could potentially harm anyone with what i wrote, if it were something like bad advise or something then yeah i understand you coming at me with all your quotes and google shit to correct me, but i suppose i can't change some things.
well I'll be damned, they did it. It's the PSX all over again! And Maz, I don't care if grammar or punctuation is correct. All that matters to me is that a person gets their point across. But then there will be some people worrying about sight imperfections in a sentence that they miss a potentially insightful point. And to even try learning another language is amazing to me. Most if not all the people correcting peoples grammar here only know one language and wouldn't dare learn another language for being mocked themselves. ...uh, back on topic.

I hope this is a gateway to endless possibilities.

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so as it stands right now there is now way to do this without the "official" PSJailbreak dongle? I guess I'll wait until somebody ports this stuff to TI Calculators, because that's my best device for the Jailbreak code. I've got it just waiting for the downgrading to be made publicly usable.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a guy over at psx-scene named zAxis is close to getting a working one. he called it psgrade, he has psgrade code released, but no keys yet

QUOTE said:
Ok, I decided to release my implementation of psdowngrade, it is called PSGrade.

Here it is: https://github.com/zAxis/PSGrade
DON'T GET EXCITED YET!, as the title said, we don't have a working key yet.

I can't get it because I don't have a v3.15 PS3, but if you want to help and get the right key, please read my post here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zAxis
To anyone who wants to help, here is what you have to do:
1- run the PSGrade I posted (just like jp)
2- reboot into linux (no power cycling!!)
3- dumb HV (and post it)

if you dont know how to dumb HV in linux, then google it (you will need to open your PS3 and solder a pulsing-chip (remember GeoHot Exploit) - DON'T DO IT IF YOU ARE NOT A EXPERT!)

Good Luck
Once you get the key, add it into the file key.h and try it.

Please remember, this is a work in progress, nothing is working yet (so dont ask for complied HEX's), and nothing is for sure.

Good Luck

Oh, and thanks to graf_chokolo for ... everything, Hansi for the USB dump of original PSDowngrade, and Mathieulh for PSGroove (PSGrade is a derivative of PSGroove) and everyone else.

UPDATE:
Thanks to d0zs and Tripleblacklac, PSGrade is know confirmed to initiate the challenge/response protocol on 3.50.
What that means? it means that once we have the right key, 3.50 will be in service mode using PSGrade
REMEBER we dont have a working key yet, so no service mode

UPDATE2:
it seems that psjailbreak decided to improve their psdowngrade (unlimted) and made a discount on it and offered it for free Nov. 29. I am wondering why

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1