PS DOWNGRADE FILES LEAKED!!!!!!!!!

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
This is great news, can't wait for a free/reliable version. I think sony will have to release a hardware revision on future ps3' good thing there are plenty of older models out there.

Wouldn't a hardware revision be kind of pointless and wasteful? I mean, there's over 40 million PS3s out there now. It seems like a hardware revision wouldn't help in stopping a hack at all and would be just a waste of time and resources.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockym said:
DigitalDeviant said:
This is great news, can't wait for a free/reliable version. I think sony will have to release a hardware revision on future ps3' good thing there are plenty of older models out there.

Wouldn't a hardware revision be kind of pointless and wasteful? I mean, there's over 40 million PS3s out there now. It seems like a hardware revision wouldn't help in stopping a hack at all and would be just a waste of time and resources.
Actually,it is useful.Your reason as why it's not useful doesn't make sense...

This hack may very well hack every PS3 console if they don't make a rev,so do the math.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolzed said:
Rockym said:
DigitalDeviant said:

This hack may very well hack every PS3 console if they don't make a rev,so do the math.
What do you mean 'may' if a hardware revision is the only way to stop it then it can. A hardware revision will not stop the 40 million + PS3s from being hacked, so it is indeed pretty much pointless in this regard. But putting a curb to piracy it makes sense to do so.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antwill said:
lolzed said:
Rockym said:
DigitalDeviant said:

What do you mean 'may' if a hardware revision is the only way to stop it then it can. A hardware revision will not stop the 40 million + PS3s from being hacked, so it is indeed pretty much pointless in this regard. But putting a curb to piracy it makes sense to do so.
Well if they don't do a rev,then more consoles can be hacked?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Maz7006 said:
Stealing - as in they wanted monies, and hey guess what you can do it for free on some devices that you already ownSo Microsoft wanting money for Windows when you can get linux for free means they're stealing?
Wal*mart selling birdhouses when you can build your own out of some wood in your back yard means they're stealing?

No.
http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+stealing

Maz7006 said:
Glitching - this is just a console i debug mode ... where is the "exploit" in that ?http://www.google.com/search?q=define:+exploit

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Nov 17 2010, 02:23 PM)
- end of story.
Remind me to get you a dictionary for christmas.

1. linux is advertised as being free, not to mention its open source software so your comparison does not fit in this context. Take the PSP for example, CFW, free and it works. Wii, cIOS and its free. Ixtreme for 360, free and it works. All of which is reversed engineering.

2. A PS3 in debug mode is basically what comes with every PS3 out there. Just enabling it that is all. It seems people indirectly found a way to find out how to construct this infamous dongle that messes with the boot code or whatever it does. Not an exploit to me.

3. I believe i do quite well considering my ethic background when it comes to English, yeah i fuck up, but not bad considering i taught myself this language.

its quite sad that i still can't voice my opinion about things, its not that i could potentially harm anyone with what i wrote, if it were something like bad advise or something then yeah i understand you coming at me with all your quotes and google shit to correct me, but i suppose i can't change some things.

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
1. linux is advertised as being free, not to mention its open source software so your comparison does not fit in this context. Take the PSP for example, CFW, free and it works. Wii, cIOS and its free. Ixtreme for 360, free and it works. All of which is reversed engineering.
I agree his example didn't quite make as much sense in this situation. But I don't know if I would go as far as to say it was 'stealing' it's more of a gray area.

Your English is fine, hell it's better than most native speakers. It's just Rydian being his usual pretentious self, don't let one person get you down.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Yo Maz7006 just chiming in that you are incorrect and that a system that takes advantage of a hole in system security is indeed an exploit in that it "exploits" the security vulnerability. I don't know if you a background in CS or other IT security but be careful talking about things you don't know about. Also try to get better at posting man.

edit: wow not all Linux distributions are free dude some like Red Hat Linux and the infamous Lindows require money to get and have a small degree of technical support. I guess this stuff might be too obscure though just pretend all linux is Ubuntu and is 'advertised as free'.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
1. linux is advertised as being free, not to mention its open source software so your comparison does not fit in this context. Take the PSP for example, CFW, free and it works. Wii, cIOS and its free. Ixtreme for 360, free and it works. All of which is reversed engineering.PSgroove is free and open-source, and was released before almost every jailbreak device (save the first of course).

Maz7006 said:
2. A PS3 in debug mode is basically what comes with every PS3 out there. Just enabling it that is all. It seems people indirectly found a way to find out how to construct this infamous dongle that messes with the boot code or whatever it does. Not an exploit to me.Again, dictionary. It may not meet the definition of "exploit" you're thinking of, but that's because your definition is wrong. The word "exploit" has a clear-cut definition, which the jailbreak devices match.

QUOTE(Maz7006 @ Nov 18 2010, 06:04 AM)
its quite sad that i still can't voice my opinion about things, its not that i could potentially harm anyone with what i wrote, if it were something like bad advise or something then yeah i understand you coming at me with all your quotes and google shit to correct me, but i suppose i can't change some things.
My problem is that you're making accusations that are false, claiming things are being stolen when they're not.

If you're not fully sure on what's going on, you shouldn't make accusations of theft.

EDIT: Typos.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
edit: wow not all Linux distributions are free dude some like Red Hat Linux and the infamous Lindows require money to get and have a small degree of technical support. I guess this stuff might be too obscure though just pretend all linux is Ubuntu and is 'advertised as free'.
Linux != GNU Linux (prepackaged fully open-source distribution). The Linux kernel and it's core tools/commands are and always will remain (due to their license) free.

Third-party stuff for Linux is not in the same situation, just like Microsoft Office is not built into Windows and needs to be purchased separately.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
If you're not fully sure on what's going on, you shouldn't make accusations of theft.

then please tell me where on earth this device originated from, who originally made it, and where the contents of these dongles are from.

QUOTE(Heran Bago @ Nov 18 2010, 03:14 PM) Also try to get better at posting man.

i try my best, there's always that nice block post feature if you can't stand my posts.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well as someone who has Modded a few Ps3s using the current hack and was doing psps back in the day what this downgrader and service mode heralds is that cfw is now flashable, All we need now is someone to decompile the f/w and build a CFW, soon i expect the ps3 to be wide open.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
An original PSJailbreak($100.00) and the PSDowngrade files ($40.00). Which means it might be better to wait until some way gets released to downgrade with the cheaper clones (like the one sold at Shoptemp) or with all the different PSGroove ports.
By the way, how'd they managed to get this running? Sure, downgrading probably isn't that hard on a hacked console, but I though Sony blocked the PSJailbreak from doing anything at all? Just like my cheap 3rd party controller?
cry.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
Rydian said:

then please tell me where on earth this device originated from, who originally made it, and where the contents of these dongles are from.
It's in the FAQ.
tongue.gif

Q - Isn't this stolen from Sony?
A - No, it's been confirmed as an original exploit.

And you can find a more in-depth explanation of how the exploit works here.

As you can see it's most certainly NOT just some "flip a switch we stole from Sony" device.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Sony should be happy about this. I'm going out and buying a PS3 tomorrow as I'm sure many people are now considering
tongue.gif

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is interesting and should be great for some, but for me the PS3 is my source for online gaming and I do not want to get banned online. I also do not feel like investing in another PS3. I can get PS3 games by using reward points on my credit card, freebie sites like yourfree360games, or on really cheap sells (See games go from 10-20 online regularly).

Now if they could come up with a way so you wouldn't be banned online, I'd do it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: