Prototype DS firmware dumped, included blood type selection, different startup sound

dsdsdsdsds.png

The prototype leaks aren't stopping anytime soon. Preservation group Forest of Illusion has dumped and shared a piece of Nintendo DS history, with a very early prototype firmware for the handheld. Noted as version 0.40615, it has quite a few differences from the final result that we're all accustomed to. At this point in development, there wasn't a DS boot screen added yet, so when starting the system, it shows the GBA boot-up logo instead, with a sound byte of children all yelling "Nintendo!". Additionally, you can set your system nickname and birthday, much like in the retail release, but at one point, Nintendo was going to let users set their blood type--something that is used as a way as sharing personality types in Japan.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it were brazilian it would be dick size.
The best part about this is the fact you made this comment because you're Brazillian.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My favorite portable console. Nice to see some history of it preserved.

Maybe they removed that because of GDPR things? Can't remember if there were countries that had had a kind of limitation on personal identification information.

Less than that, a skip button would suffice, instead of removing it altogether.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Imagine having an accident and medicins ask for your DS to see your blood type

👨‍⚕️This man has been a serious car crash, quick check his personal information on his DS!

Doctor, it says here he has a 250 hour save file on The Sims Bustin' Out.

👨‍⚕️Pull the plug, he's not worth saving

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
👨‍⚕️This man has been a serious car crash, quick check his personal information on his DS!

Doctor, it says here he has a 250 hour save file on The Sims Bustin' Out.

👨‍⚕️Pull the plug, he's not worth saving
like Elaine in Seinfeld said: "yank it like you're starting a lawn mower."

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys, as a doctor I must let you know that knowing your blood type is actually kinda important and a note with your allergies and blood type should be carried with you all the time, so that in case of accident you can be properly assisted even if you are unconscious

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, as a doctor I must let you know that knowing your blood type is actually kinda important and a note with your allergies and blood type should be carried with you all the time, so that in case of accident you can be properly assisted even if you are unconscious
I know they have your blood type on your dogtags if you're in the military.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Just put any blood in me. I don't discriminate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet