Protecting against updates?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by protomind, Mar 13, 2009.

1. protomind
    OP

protomind Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2007
    United States
    I have an original wii with original wiikey, my wii is on 3.2U, I was wondering if I need to be installing some sort of update protection. I have the homebrew channel, but nothing else is modified in any way, just the HBC and the Wiikey. Should I do some sort of update blocking? If so what would be the recommended tool? Is there any othewr mods that I should do that come to mind? I plan on using it for homebrew and some wiiware titles and maybe playing some roms. I just want to be protected as good as I can.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Install Starfall, it will block disc updates, but not online updates thorough the settings, so avoid those
    And by roms, you mean GBA/SNES/...? Cause theres no wii/gc roms, they're called ISOs

edit: if you install starfall, don't install the region free gc hack or gc games stop working

3. protomind
    OP

protomind Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2007
    United States
    Since I have 3.2U I do not have to do an online update unless I initiate it correct?

BTW thanks!

4. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    Thats correct

You're welcome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice