ROM Hack [Project] The Great Ace Attorney Fanslation

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

How would I download a CIA on the system? (I'm so sorry for asking all these questions,I hope I'm not disturbing you or anyone else)
I just said you need CFW, and this is so you can circumvent signature checking that the 3DS does.
I can't link to sites where you can download CIAs, if that's what you're asking.

MostWant3d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no,that was not my purpose.I don't really understand,do I need a copy of the game or will I only need the translated CIA?

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No. Installing a CIA only requires you have CFW installed. Dumping your RomFS and then loading the edited ones needs an exploitable game such as OOT or Cubic Ninja.
You could use a Gateway if you wanted to, though.

What about loading it through NTR?

D

Deleted User

No no,that was not my purpose.I don't really understand,do I need a copy of the game or will I only need the translated CIA?
Ohhh. If you're dumping the game, then yeah you'll need an actual copy of the game. If you're installing it, then you just need the translated CIA.
What about loading it through NTR?
I forgot that was a thing, but you still need CFW if you're gonna use NTR, so IMO if you're either able to re-pack the CIA yourself or find a pre-packed CIA, you should just install the CIA instead.

Last edited by ,

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I forgot that was a thing, but you still need CFW if you're gonna use NTR, so IMO if you're either able to re-pack the CIA yourself or find a pre-packed CIA, you should just install the CIA instead.

I am on CFW. But I guess a pre-patched CIA would be better. Don't need worry about NTR being patched that way.

Reactions: Deleted User

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So how long would this project take? Months, years? I'm only saying because MH and FE didn't take very long to translate, did it?

D

Deleted User

So how long would this this project will take? Months, years? I'm only saying because MH and FE didn't take very long to translate, did it?
FE:if still isn't finished, IIRC. There's still quite a lot of supports and dialogue from in My Castle and My Castle facilities that aren't translated.

D

Deleted User

is the project pretty much dead now or is there still hope?
It's still being worked on. I think I saw a picture in the chat of English text being correctly displayed by the game. The font is full width though, so it makes English text larger than it needs to be.

Kamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I thought you guys will use dowolf english script for this project?

btw keep up the good work! Meanwhile let's watch AA6 Anime Prologue :D

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I thought you guys will use dowolf english script for this project?

btw keep up the good work! Meanwhile let's watch AA6 Anime Prologue :D

This one has pretty hardsubs, for those who don't like youtube's black bars around softsubs lol

BobDavis69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am going to buy a 2ds today, Ace Attorney being one of the key factors.

I was wondering, since I found out about the translation efforts only today, how is everything going? Do we have an estimated date when the translation patch will hit us? Also, I heard that you have to do some sort of CIA patching to get the game to work, is the flash cart process for playing 3ds games harder now, especially for patched games? If someone could fill me in, that would be great. I would like to play the game when the patch comes out

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So I am going to buy a 2ds today, Ace Attorney being one of the key factors.

I was wondering, since I found out about the translation efforts only today, how is everything going? Do we have an estimated date when the translation patch will hit us? Also, I heard that you have to do some sort of CIA patching to get the game to work, is the flash cart process for playing 3ds games harder now, especially for patched games? If someone could fill me in, that would be great. I would like to play the game when the patch comes out

The translation is still at it's early stages so don't expect a release anytime soon. As for game patching, flashcart is completely optional. But I think this translation will be it's own Cia.

luyairis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if I'm no longer a part of the group, I can tell you this:

The group doesn't support piracy. There will be no .cia uploaded online to any pirating sites. The users will have to patch it themselves, possibly through the use of an in-house developed patcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1