• Views 2,077,423
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Forgive my ignorance but 38 pages is a lot to read, while I have but one simple question.
Bofore I go on with it, let me say that I fully agree with not "Americanizing" the game since the spirit of it would be completely lost considering the Japanese nature of the game's prologue and protagonist.
However, here's the question - are you at the very least localizing the character names of people in London as well as purely Japanese jokes and references that make 0 sense in English?
Because that's kind of a big deal, and in my opinion you really should.

3DSDude_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgive my ignorance but 38 pages is a lot to read, while I have but one simple question.
Bofore I go on with it, let me say that I fully agree with not "Americanizing" the game since the spirit of it would be completely lost considering the Japanese nature of the game's prologue and protagonist.
However, here's the question - are you at the very least localizing the character names of people in London as well as purely Japanese jokes and references that make 0 sense in English?

I don't know for the british names (I guess they'll simple transliterate them from japanese to english, but take my words with a grain of salt), but as for the jokes/puns they will adapt them so that they will make sense in english.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'm glad you seem to be more open to our way of doing things now that you've tried the demo ;) Regarding the names: we won't change any of them, because most of them are references to the books of Arthur Conan Doyle. Yes, some (not all of them) double as puns that only work in Japanese, but the Doyle references were more important. We will release translation notes alongside to make sure you get the puns, though (let's be honest, not all name puns in the AA series were as obvious as they were in SoJ). Jokes and references will be "localized" if possible, sometimes there's certain reasons that would prevent us from "localizing" them, in that case we'll have a translation note for that, too. Rest assured, we're doing our very best to get it right - after all, we're fans of the series, too :ha:

I've played the demo, listened to the soundtrack, and read through this entire 38 page thread, so I think It's safe to say my body is ready.

You poor thing, you read through 38 pages of drama?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've done research on team IF's patterns and I have concluded that the next update will be before 2/13/17.

The DGS Division only had one release so far, what the other divisions are doing is not really an indicator for what we do... And it's not like there's a fixed, secret schedule - it's done when it's done™

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Will you guys be also eventually translating DGS2? Since it's pretty obvious Crapcom won't translate it.

We'll see when we finished up DGS. Also DGS2 doesn't even have a release date yet. But I'm sure a lot of our members would be open to that and I can't imagine the Engine changed that much from DGS1 so with all our research and tools it would probably be easier for us...

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
We'll see when we finished up DGS. Also DGS2 doesn't even have a release date yet. But I'm sure a lot of our members would be open to that and I can't imagine the Engine changed that much from DGS1 so with all our research and tools it would probably be easier for us...
Yeah this is a very far future question, mostly just wanted to gauge the interest of your team if they'd be potentially interested.

Pokemonique

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm to understand this correctly: I need a physical Japanese copy of the game to get the patch to work? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm just new to the whole 3DS Hacking stuff, haha.

dtlux1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm to understand this correctly: I need a physical Japanese copy of the game to get the patch to work? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm just new to the whole 3DS Hacking stuff, haha.
From what I understand, there will be multiple ways to get it to work, HANS on a physical cartridge is one of the ways.

mike4001

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

If you want to stay "legal", then yes.

Buy a physical copy of TGAA , dump the rom file and then apply the patch (you probably also need a copy of Dual Destinies to extract the font which is then used for TGAA).

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to stay "legal", then yes.

Buy a physical copy of TGAA , dump the rom file and then apply the patch (you probably also need a copy of Dual Destinies to extract the font which is then used for TGAA).

It will be a little different this time. We have some measures to cut down on piracy a little. You'll see when we release...

1x2x4x1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Instead of "people," shouldn't it be "profiles?"
And instead of "post mortem," shouldn't it be "autopsy report"?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not sure if RetroArch has improved it's UI or not