[Project] The Great Ace Attorney (Dai Gyakuten Saiban) Fan Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by xz11, May 22, 2016.

1. Uwabami

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    We will probably start recruiting again after our Episode 1 release. We have made some exceptions for people with certain experience, though. Especially people who can reverse-engineer ARM ASM are always welcome ;)

top_0029.
    Do you mean this? Hmm. I can read it just fine...

2. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    This is probably just Ohana's way of importing new textures (if u used Ohana that is)
    They always get blurred using that tool for some reason :o

Last edited by Noroxus, Jan 12, 2017
  3. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    It's not a texture, it's the same font we use in the UI, not even the DD font, but a font that came with DGS. Also, Ohana is pretty useless for DGS, as it uses MT Framework specific file formats ;)

Noroxus likes this.
  4. Noroxus

Noroxus Margen67 Supporter

Jul 7, 2013
    Germany
    Glorious Nippon
    Oh I thought the text box was a pic :s
    I wonder why it kinda looks blurry then.... Oh well its doesnt matter :D

5. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    You really think it's that blurry? Hmm... I'll put it on my list...

Noroxus likes this.
  6. MRsonic699

MRsonic699 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2011
    Brasov, Romania
    I am more excited for this than any other current project or 3DS game I can think of. I know how much time it takes but I hope you keep up the good work! I wish you the best, I'm a sound guy so I don't know if I can be of any help. Really, I love what you guys are doing and I can't wait for the day the whole game sees the light of day!

Uwabami and Fluto like this.
  7. brennerei

brennerei Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2015
    Brazil
    Yeah, that's it. I only really had a problem reading the russian guy's name though. Again, not a big deal

8. onepiecefreak

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Can't you just post a screenshot? I think they could better understand the "blurry" problem with a picture as reference.

9. brennerei

brennerei Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2015
    Brazil
    Good idea

Attached Files:

10. onepiecefreak

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    I can't see anything blurry. Am I blind?

11. brigcaster

brigcaster GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2015
    Greece
    Under the Moon
    Finally got around playing the demo. The first impressions regarding the translation itself are pretty good , I could have easily mistaken it for an official one by Capcom.

Uwabami likes this.
  12. momin

momin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2008
    Super good translation guys! Conrgatulations ^^

I can not wait for full game, I think I will play the demo again and again in te mean time.

Uwabami likes this.
  13. mujie

mujie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2011
    There's a demo?

14. Alex IDV

Alex IDV Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2014
    Some letters are a little bit blurry (or rather, the outline isn't filled in all the way around). The ones I notice here are the ends of the "y" and "t"s in "Roylott" - the tail and the line across on the "t" are a bit hard to see, for instance. Not a huge issue for me, but might be a problem for some people depending on their eyesight.

Last edited by Alex IDV, Jan 14, 2017
  15. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Yes: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...the-adventure-of-ryuunosuke-naruhodou.455185/

I'm not sure what to do about this to be honest. The problem might be worse on some display types or with 3D enabled. I'll try to improve this a little, we'll see...

16. brennerei

brennerei Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2015
    Brazil
    Yeah, the "l" and "t"s were the bigger issue for me. Again, nothing really that awful.

Thanks. I'm using the small original 3ds, but I don't think it makes much of a difference. Again, I don't have a big problem with this, it's just something I noticed out of a basically perfect demo. Sorry for being a pain (:

17. dtlux1

dtlux1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    I use this site enough, about time I made an account.

I'd just like to say that I am really looking forward to this project. I can't be of any help, but when this is released I'll import a copy of the game just to play it. Keep up the amazing work, you've earned a new fan!

Uwabami likes this.
  18. mujie

mujie Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 25, 2011
    Is there a discord server for it? I helped insert text in GK2, and now I've almost finished exams in Jan, and things are finally moving along (when I last checked, there wasn't much progress on figuring things out), would it be possible to help insert text/help proofread the text for the project?

Thanks!

19. dtlux1

dtlux1 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    United States
    A question that has to do with something that doesn't relate exactly, but do you think that using the tools you've created, after this translation is done of course, would it be in any way possible (asking if it is possible, not that you have to do it) to extract the script from a purchased digital US game and patch it into a physical imported game? Just something I thought about, since it is a shame that those aren't released physically, and I'm going to love importing this game once the translation is done.

20. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Game Cards are read-only (hence the "ROM" - Read Only Memory), at least the part where the game data is stored. So the answer is no.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted