Project Scorpio to be revealed on April 6

C8k7JHyXcAA_KJl.jpg

Microsoft Xbox's latest console, codenamed Scorpio, will be getting some light shed on it soon. Digital Foundry, who you might know from their framerate analysis videos, will be getting an exclusive reveal which will go live on their parent site, Eurogamer. The reveal will happen on Thursday, April 6, at 2pm UK time/6am PST.

:arrow: Source

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually that's one of the main reasons why people buy the PS4. Also the head of Sony likes to think the PS4 is a competition to the PC.
GameFAQs poll of "platform with most minutes played over last month": https://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6649-over-the-past-month-which-system-have-you-spent-the-most

It actually goes in line with what that Sony exec is saying, if you can believe that.

I bought a PS4 and it was for an exclusive game.

Reasons for buying a PS4:
-Exclusive games
-The biggest software selection for any current gen console
-The most powerful console
-My friends play mostly PS4 and I want to play with them

Are there other reasons to buy a PS4? I could throw a poll together but what would be in it besides those 4?

PC will always have the biggest software selection, because it's PC.

I could see getting Xbox if most of your friends have Xbox, because most of the factors are pretty similar. Xbox is not that far behind on exclusives, software selection and power.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
GameFAQs poll of "platform with most minutes played over last month": https://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/6649-over-the-past-month-which-system-have-you-spent-the-most

It actually goes in line with what that Sony exec is saying, if you can believe that.

-Exclusive games

Are there other reasons to buy a PS4? I could throw a poll together but what would be in it besides those 4?

I could see getting Xbox if most of your friends have Xbox, because most of the factors are pretty similar. Xbox is not that far behind on exclusives, software selection and power.

Only point 3 is objective. Everything else is subjective. I've got both, and play Xbox mostly. Cuz of Halo, I won't lie.

s157

Grinder Extraordinaire
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-Exclusive games

Xbox, while they do have their own exclusives, lag behind PS4 and PC badly in terms of game selection. Japanese developers just seem to avoid that system like that plague. The cancellation of scalebound was particularly heartbreaking. Scorpio will exceed the PS4 on power, but that doesn't mean much if there's not much going for it. However if I wanted to avoid using the PC, I could see getting multi-platform 3rd party AAA titles for the scorpio instead of the ps4. Unfortunately I already have a gaming PC so the only thing that's drawing me in is the xbox game pass subscription.

To me, when microsoft decided to have their games be available on both PC and console, I can see barely a reason to even own a Xbox. The saving grace is still that game pass, and the fact that the older games do not have the PC compatibility.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Moving towards parity?
Well, essentially parity has already been achieved and consoles are just weaker, simplified gaming PCs. Given that they run apps and have web browsers and everything else. The OSes are just more locked down. Eventually what Foxi said will probably come true and we'll see consoles in the form of GPUs with hardware DRM that you can install in a PC to play Sony or MS exclusives. If not, consoles will probably just fade out and the software will blend into the PC and mobile markets.

Last edited by Xzi,

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, essentially parity has already been achieved and consoles are just weaker, simplified gaming PCs. Given that they run apps and have web browsers and everything else. The OSes are just more locked down. Eventually what Foxi said will probably come true and we'll see consoles in the form of GPUs with hardware DRM that you can install in a PC to play Sony or MS exclusives. If not, consoles will probably just fade out and the software will blend into the PC and mobile markets.
this will literally never happen

to spit what you may think the MASS majority of customers are not going to use a PC to game i know it's hard to see what life is like outside of the nerd bubble. Talking about GPU injecting LOL is a 6 year old going to inject a GPU? or maybe try to convince his mom hey mommy i want a GPU for Christmas

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What software from them do you think is good?
pretty much it

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I expect it to be 400usd, that would allow me to buy and still maintain my white rice and salt dier
this will literally never happen

to spit what you may think the MASS majority of customers are not going to use a PC to game i know it's hard to see what life is like outside of the nerd bubble. Talking about GPU injecting LOL is a 6 year old going to inject a GPU? or maybe try to convince his mom hey mommy i want a GPU for Christmas

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

pretty much it
Nope, a 6 year old will ask his mom for a tablet or a new Samsung phone for christmas TBH.
Unless he prefers iPhone.

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I expect it to be 400usd, that would allow me to buy and still maintain my white rice and salt dier

Nope, a 6 year old will ask his mom for a tablet or a new Samsung phone for christmas TBH.
Unless he prefers iPhone.
not if he wants to play whatever the new popular FPS is with his snotty germ infested friends

Also of course he would prefer iPhone, common he's 6, not a fool.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not if he wants to play whatever the new popular FPS is with his snotty germ infested friends
As times goes, the new FPSes will be ultrasimplified and come for tablets.
Or else the fad will just die, and some new ultratoxic brat infested game fad will begin, probably on tablets.
All what is truly massive is going that way, because the industry likes it so.
And kids, they eat whatever they are told is cool even if it is shit, they don't know about good or bad games.
Of course old game fans will tell you it is not the same, but we are all a little more part of the past, as each second passes. We are becoming the old generation that is not the mass target anymore.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well obviously you'd be able to get pre-builts in various form factors with the same GPU inside as you can with Nvidia/AMD rigs already. Also I'm not sure I'd buy a console for a 6-year-old, maybe just slowly introduce them to one of mine.

Also of course he would prefer iPhone, common he's 6, not a fool.
Might be on the spectrum if he prefers overpriced and under-powered Apple hardware.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

Bonestorm

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well obviously you'd be able to get pre-builts in various form factors with the same GPU inside as you can with Nvidia/AMD rigs already. Also I'm not sure I'd buy a console for a 6-year-old, maybe just slowly introduce them to one of mine.

Might be on the spectrum if he prefers overpriced and under-powered Apple hardware.
He might be full blown brain dead if he likes googles glitchfest OS, and cheap plastic hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it. +1