Project Scorpio to be revealed on April 6

C8k7JHyXcAA_KJl.jpg

Microsoft Xbox's latest console, codenamed Scorpio, will be getting some light shed on it soon. Digital Foundry, who you might know from their framerate analysis videos, will be getting an exclusive reveal which will go live on their parent site, Eurogamer. The reveal will happen on Thursday, April 6, at 2pm UK time/6am PST.

:arrow: Source

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it'll be that long. In terms of console cycles, where the Xbone and PS4 stand, their proper successors would probably be released in 2019 or maybe 2020. So if Microsoft does lift their restriction on no exclusives on the Scorpio before coming out with a true successor to the xbone, if they want to really capitalize on the opportunity, then I think they'd want to lift that ban somewhere within the next 2 years, else it will all just be a missed opportunity as Sony will be on the PS5 and Microsoft will already need to be releasing a new system to catch up to whatever the specs are that the PS5 will be packing.

Why don't people get this? There isn't any generations anymore. Just going to be upgraded models about every 3 years. Microsoft and Sony made this clear with the original p4 and xbone announcements. Generations as we knew them are dead. Nintendo will probably fallow suit with Nintendo Switches

Reactions: sarkwalvein

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't people get this? There isn't any generations anymore. Just going to be upgraded models about every 3 years. Microsoft and Sony made this clear with the original p4 and xbone announcements. Generations as we knew them are dead. Nintendo will probably fallow suit with Nintendo Switches

That's cute, they were saying the same thing when the PS3 and 360 were the latest systems as well. I guarantee we'll see an actual Playstation 5 and Micorsoft will have something to properly compete with that as well. I used to think console generations were coming to an end as well. But the fact of the matter is that its a profitable model, and all indications are that there will indeed be a true next generation for Sony and Microsoft despite what they may have said in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ