OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
It’s always been strongly hinted at, but today at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Microsoft’s Robbie Bach has confirmed it: Project Natal will be out this “holiday season”.

Nothing more specific than that was offered, but we take “holiday season” to be “November”. Guess the motion-sensing peripheral’s other important aspects – namely its price, included games and final name (remember, “Project Natal” is just a working title) – will have to wait for E3.
Source

Good to see that they're spending so much time developing Natal.

Wonder how much the system itself will cost and the games that come after it.
blink.gif

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
yeah!!
thx for the info!
biggrin.gif

i think i'm starting to like Microsoft!!
tongue.gif

anyway i wonder how it will cost to....
(please make it cheap.....
tongue.gif
)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be cheaper now that they're using 360 hardware for it instead of packing it with its own.

Still haven't seen anything I'd want to play with it though, most games I've heard of using it I would prefer to play with controllers anyway and others sound like Wii ports or are just impressive to look at but not really something I wanna play.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
this thing is going to bomb i'm telling you now
tongue.gif
Maybe but saying that how well did their casual games do?

From what I've read around the nets, it seems that most 360 gamers don't really have much interest in it.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
playallday said:
All it's made from is like a cheap webcam.
Its much more than that:

QUOTEThe device features an "RGB camera, depth sensor, multi-array microphone, and custom processor running proprietary software",[1] which provides full-body 3D motion capture, facial recognition, and voice recognition capabilities. The Project Natal sensor's microphone array enables the Xbox 360 to conduct acoustic source localization and ambient noise suppression, allowing for things such as headset-free party chat over Xbox Live.[1]

The depth sensor consists of an infrared projector combined with a monochrome CMOS sensor, and allows the Project Natal sensor to see in 3D under any ambient light conditions.[1][18] The sensing range of the depth sensor is adjustable, with the Project Natal software capable of automatically calibrating the sensor based on gameplay and the player's physical environment, such as the presence of chairs

What is good about the device compared to what the Wii & PS3 offers/will offer is that you will only need one for multiplayer. The custom processor is out and will instead use a 360 processor instead.

http://kotaku.com/5442458/report-microsoft-drops-natal-chip

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the things that bothers me about this kind of tech is simple: How the fuck do we move around, if we're confined to a small room/space? Also, this season or December of 2010?
The only thing I want it for are stuff like fable with Natal. That looks awesome.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This would be the greatest advancement in video gaming if two things happened: 1) they released it with projection glasses, that you could put on and actually get "into" the game and 2) a huge third-party like Square-Enix worked for years on an exclusive Final Fantasy-style game.

Both statements are unlikely, so meh. It's just a glorified Wii.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't really have much interest in this yet. Microsoft will need a very good title to launch and demonstrate the capabilities of this tech. Just like Nintendo did with Wii Sports.

D

Deleted_171835

Project Natal looks interesting from a technical side of things. The problem is, most consumers won't 'purchase' this.

The Wii did 'motion control' okay, because that was the entire focus of the system. This is merely an add-on.

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hadrian said:
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

From what I've read around the nets, it seems that most 360 gamers don't really have much interest in it.

isn't it like ''i wanna swing around my thing - i'm gonna play wii'' and '' i want the good old controls and a good included all around multimedia/ game machine - im gonna play xbox 360''
it's obvious that microsoft want a bit of nintendo's cake, but the question is whether the gamers wanna go i this destination, since a lot of sony or mic disciples aren't opened, rather conservative in the matter of innovative concepts.
good luck macrosofti
lecture.gif

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of motion,but I will buy it and use it randomly like the Wii,except I play the Wii often on games that don't require much motion.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omgpwn666 said:
I'm not a fan of motion,but I will buy it and use it randomly like the Wii,except I play the Wii often on games that don't require much motion.
i am sure more gamers out there are not so much interested in motion controls. it is kinda annoying i think. i prefer the wiimote for shooting games only. more than that i prefer a game pad.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
blackdragonbahamut said:
Hadrian said:
Bladexdsl said:
tongue.gif

'' i want the good old controls and a good included all around multimedia/ game machine - im gonna play xbox 360''

>good old controls

what

AtariJoystick.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy