Project 64 port to Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by uberpubert69, Dec 9, 2012.

Dec 9, 2012

Project 64 port to Wii? by uberpubert69 at 10:08 PM (2,686 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. uberpubert69
    OP

Member uberpubert69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    From what I understand, Project 64 v1.6 was made open source and has been for a little bit. Does anyone know of any projects to port PJ64 to the Wii?

2. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    open source maybe, but not portable...
    the same was asked several times about the old pj64 sourcecode that was available years ago, situation did not change

uberpubert69 likes this.
  3. lismati

Member lismati Speedrunner in practice

Poland
    Wii64 is so advanced probably no one will give a fuck about porting PJ64 over to Wii.

Vinnymac and uberpubert69 like this.
  4. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Assuming the alleged 2.0 is released in the next millennium, then yes, it will be advanced. PJ64 doesn't have the most portable code anyways.

2ndApex and uberpubert69 like this.
  5. uberpubert69
    OP

Member uberpubert69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Very true. I'm aware of the Wiis serious hardware limitations. I've read on a forum that a developer was working on porting the 1.6 source code to the Surreal 64 CE emulator for the Xbox though. Keeping my eyes on that since I'm selling off my N64 collection. Thanks for the replies!

6. lismati

Member lismati Speedrunner in practice

Poland
    So advanced meaning it actually exists and runs N64 games decently in this case.

7. seam

Member seam GBAtemp Fan

United States
    hahaha, yes. assuming it comes out in our lifetime, there is a possibility it could be advanced. i thought at some point i had read they were shooting for a release by the end of the year... i could be wrong... i dont even know anymore.

8. the_randomizer

United States
    I wouldn't recommend asking about ETA or how development is going, they get rather hostile about it.

9. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Your shitty attitude probably doesn't help.

10. the_randomizer

United States
    Who are you, one of their hired goons? The project's dead, face it. Hell would just as soon freeze over. Who's going to stop me from complaining about Zsnes 2.0's seemingly comatose state, you?

11. Vague Rant

Member Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Australia
    Nobody's trying to stop you complaining about whatever the hell you want to complain about. Equally, you won't be able to stop people pointing out that you're behaving like a rotten spoiled child when you do it so frequently and belligerently. Whether or not an updated Wii64 comes out is essentially irrelevant to what an angry little ungrateful sack you are to pretty much every developer you encounter.

12. the_randomizer

United States
    Right, ungrateful. Thank you for your kind words of wisdom. I'll be sure to discontinue being a f***ing prick to every single emulator developer team out there. If I can't stop people from pointing out my bitter attitude, so be it, but is it really necessary to use such defamatory names? Don't like what I say, then ignore it, no one's making you read it. If you get upset at what I say, it's your own damn fault.

13. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    not64 is going to be up and running games perfect before wii64 the way their going :lol:

14. MaslowK

Newcomer MaslowK wat

United States
    Now now children, can't we all just get along? :/

But yes on topic, I'm not entirely sure I see the point in attempting to port an entirely different emulator to the Wii when one is already being developed, as if anything, I could see it taking focus away from something we've already got half working.