Hacking Progskeet question

metalmystere

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, well i have been thinking of getting the progskeet to downgrade my now 4.25 ofw system.
my question or questions are.
1. the best place to buy the progskeet
2. is the solderless clip really solderless?
3. any links to how to prep and install the chip and solderless clip would be great.
thanks for any advice.
oh by the way my system is CECHG01 if that helps and it's a NAND

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, well i have been thinking of getting the progskeet to downgrade my now 4.25 ofw system.
my question or questions are.
1. the best place to buy the progskeet
2. is the solderless clip really solderless?
3. any links to how to prep and install the chip and solderless clip would be great.
thanks for any advice.
oh by the way my system is CECHG01 if that helps and it's a NAND

I don't really have the answers for most of your questions off the top of my head, but the solderless clip seems like it would be a perfect solution. Once you finished using it to downgrade your system you would not need it installed anymore so it would only need to work once (and yes it is solderless as far as I know.)

One thing I do seem to remember is that you can only downgrade a firmware to what ever your PS3 came with, so if you had 4.X on it when you bought it, thats as low as you can go? (This might not be true, I am only going off of dim memory here as I haven't touched my PS3 since I installed 3.55 CFW on it tried some emulators and now it gathers dust mostly, although I did try out a couple of games since then none of them managed to hold my attention.)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If his memory is a NAND why would he want a NOR flasher?

I don't know the availability of the E3 flasher in its solderless model, but at launch they said it was a limited edition and for NOR only.
his best solution is progskeet which works for both NAND and NOR.

I found this about progskeet :
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f263/components-needed-make-progskeet-solderless-100948/
http://www.ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Progskeet

It seems it's not 100% solderless, but could be and old info. I didn't read all the wiki page but you should if you want more details before buying one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-