Progskeet question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by metalmystere, Oct 13, 2012.

Oct 13, 2012

Progskeet question by metalmystere at 6:29 PM (1,136 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. metalmystere
    OP

Newcomer metalmystere Advanced Member

United States
    Hi, well i have been thinking of getting the progskeet to downgrade my now 4.25 ofw system.
    my question or questions are.
    1. the best place to buy the progskeet
    2. is the solderless clip really solderless?
    3. any links to how to prep and install the chip and solderless clip would be great.
    thanks for any advice.
    oh by the way my system is CECHG01 if that helps and it's a NAND

2. Psionic Roshambo

Member Psionic Roshambo GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I don't really have the answers for most of your questions off the top of my head, but the solderless clip seems like it would be a perfect solution. Once you finished using it to downgrade your system you would not need it installed anymore so it would only need to work once (and yes it is solderless as far as I know.)

One thing I do seem to remember is that you can only downgrade a firmware to what ever your PS3 came with, so if you had 4.X on it when you bought it, thats as low as you can go? (This might not be true, I am only going off of dim memory here as I haven't touched my PS3 since I installed 3.55 CFW on it tried some emulators and now it gathers dust mostly, although I did try out a couple of games since then none of them managed to hold my attention.)

3. metalmystere
    OP

Newcomer metalmystere Advanced Member

United States
    i used that program to see what my system could go down to and it came up saying V1.90 so i think i'm good to go.

4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    Maybe E3 Nor Flasher is a better solution??

5. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    If his memory is a NAND why would he want a NOR flasher?

I don't know the availability of the E3 flasher in its solderless model, but at launch they said it was a limited edition and for NOR only.
    his best solution is progskeet which works for both NAND and NOR.

I found this about progskeet :
    http://psx-scene.com/forums/f263/components-needed-make-progskeet-solderless-100948/
    http://www.ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Progskeet

It seems it's not 100% solderless, but could be and old info. I didn't read all the wiki page but you should if you want more details before buying one.

6. Liz Green
    This message by Liz Green has been removed from public view by Costello, Apr 26, 2013.
    Nov 1, 2012