Hacking Progress for patched switch after 6/7 months?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If nintendo messed up with dates promising a Metroid new game and push it back ( and Nintendo have millions $$$$ )
I think xecuter can delay on their promises as well :-)

They aren't even comparable. Metroid is a big project which requires a load of people working for a long period of time, but they can plan what work needs to be done ahead of time. Sometimes the planning goes wrong, but most aren't crazy bad.

With SX OS there can be no planning at all, a small number of people will be looking for mistakes that Nvidia made. It could take a day, a week or a month. Once you say soon then you're implying that you've found a mistake and you can exploit it. If you say soon before that point, then you're just plain lying.

Like saying "yeah, I'll get that to you tomorrow" while thinking "I haven't started and have no idea how I'm going to do it, but I'm sure by tomorrow I'll have figured out how to do it in no time at all".

Last edited by smf,

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As i see the situation is like this. Deja vu chain was first but with rmc giving more access have been prioritized and cfw made. After the patched switches been released deja vu again went into development and receive possibility for cfw but not yet released. Because now there is the new rumored mariko revision. Wich thоugh almost centainly will patch all links along the chain so no actual reason to hold it back. More probably there is pressure from N as if released before the new revision it will hurt mariko sales. But if hold it just long enough most peaple will give up on the hacking, it's a way of protection. To state my opinion on hacking consoles, i think in relative limited spreading it is quite healthy for the systems as brings down a company arrogancy and continue the support after end of life. So feel free to dis/agree that it's just an opinion :P

No you got a little mixed up there, patched units only have the buffer overflow patched. Yes deja vu works on the patched units and will on Mariko units as long as they keep it until Mariko is realised. From what I know some of the Deja Vu rop chain is patched on 5.x up so they need to work out that issue, second they realise a working daja vu before Mariko it will defo be patched by N, simple as that!!

kartutko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
Yep, waiting a year for mythological creature when patched are real is exactly because of that. Either is N-pressure or they don't have the ability to run it yet. To say it that way, if after nine months nothing is born then maybe, just maybe, it's because nothing have been conceived on first place :)

Last edited by kartutko,

P3T3

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, waiting a year for mythological creature when patched are real is exactly because of that. Either is N-pressure or they don't have the ability to run it yet. To say it that way, if after nine months nothing is born then maybe, just maybe, it's because nothing have been conceived on first place :)
Lol it’s said the hack will get patched with new meleko units so until meleko units land you won’t see daja vu... Unless they make a new hack to burn on patched units it’s going to be a very long wait!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf