All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The puzzles in Professor Layton and the Curious Village are so difficult that I cannot even pass the very first one. Are there any cheat codes for this game that automatically count any answer as the solution? I've wanted to play out the story for a long time now but I cannot play the game, let alone see the story!

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Curious Village

The first game's puzzles are not that hard :S
But on this site is all the hints and the solutions. But my advise is to give the puzzle a good go and if you struggle, then use this site

biggrin.gif

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lololololol, you suck big time XD
How difficult is it to look at the roads and the houses XD
You can finish it within 20-30 sec.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, a lot of ego and patronizing in this thread. She made it clear she doesn't care for the puzzle game aspect, she just wants to experience the well received STORY of the series, and I can't blame her. I wish I could help.

ZeD

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
geminisama said:
Wow, a lot of ego and patronizing in this thread. She made it clear she doesn't care for the puzzle game aspect, she just wants to experience the well received STORY of the series, and I can't blame her. I wish I could help.

i do believe there is a cheat for instant solve by pressing L+R - will have to check that

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
emigre said:
Just play the games, you'll get better over time. And a lot of the fun in the game was the puzzles.
I've had the ROM on my Micro SD since I got it, but my knack for puzzles and riddles has not gained any skill points. I've started brute-forcing a lot of the puzzles today, but it's not fun that way and I'm stuck on a few that can't be brute-forced. Plus, I'm not earning a great amount of points.

The few puzzles that can't be brute-forced have already given me a headache. However, I know for a fact that I handed the game to Chell at one point and she was able to play it without trouble. I think I may have some kind of mental deficiency or Chell has a much higher IQ than I do.

mcr619619

Trophies
XP
Country
prof layton got alot of hard puzzles, but sometime you don't have to solve it to advance in the story... but in the later chapters,..it's kinda hard..i was stucked in a mandatory for around 30 mins or more..way later part of the game..good luck

trv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Playing Layton series without solving puzzles is pointless, even though it has quite interesting plot.
Most of riddles are simple. You just need to read the clues thoroughly. I'm playing the third Layton now and it's as the rest of the series - amazing. perfect graphics (especially enviroment and cutscenes), great atmosphere of England (but in fact it's japanese game) and catchy music make this game another DS essential.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
trv said:
Most of riddles are simple. You just need to read the clues thoroughly.

I once spent two hours on one puzzle. I read the clues so many times I lost count. I could not solve that puzzle. It was one of those where you couldn't guess on it and get the right answer, since there were so many ways to answer the riddle.

trv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I agree, sometimes they are just plain bullshite especially ones with not so clear description. You'll end up guessing the answer losing picarats what i hate.

D

Deleted_171835

trv said:
Playing Layton series without solving puzzles is pointless, even though it has quite interesting plot.
Most of riddles are simple. You just need to read the clues thoroughly. I'm playing the third Layton now and it's as the rest of the series - amazing. perfect graphics (especially enviroment and cutscenes), great atmosphere of England (but in fact it's japanese game) and catchy music make this game another DS essential.
Pretty much this. It doesn't make any sense to play a puzzle game without doing any puzzles.

And to be honest, the majority of the puzzles in the Curious Village are pretty darn easy. I'm not aware of any cheat-code but if you're really having that much trouble, use a guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay