Gaming Professor Layton

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I first played Curious Village when I was 13.

I later played it again, and got all except maybe 2 or 3 puzzles. I don't recall using any hint coins, certainly not trial and error. I did the same for Layton 3.

I mean seriously. Playing a puzzle game... without the puzzles? To tell you the truth, as gripping as the stories can be, they're utterly full of plot holes. They don't stand on their own, and are not meant to be viewed as a movie, sans puzzles.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
The puzzles in Professor Layton and the Curious Village are so difficult that I cannot even pass the very first one. Are there any cheat codes for this game that automatically count any answer as the solution? I've wanted to play out the story for a long time now but I cannot play the game, let alone see the story!
You're kidding right?

The first puzzle is easy, and can be done in trial and error.

And besides, I know of a site dedicated to showing how every puzzle is solved, even the region specific ones.

QUOTE(Midna @ Sep 28 2011, 12:25 AM) I first played Curious Village when I was 13.

I later played it again, and got all except maybe 2 or 3 puzzles. I don't recall using any hint coins, certainly not trial and error. I did the same for Layton 3.

I mean seriously. Playing a puzzle game... without the puzzles? To tell you the truth, as gripping as the stories can be, they're utterly full of plot holes. They don't stand on their own, and are not meant to be viewed as a movie, sans puzzles.
Funny you say that, and that there's a Professor Layton movie XD.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Nujui said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
The puzzles in Professor Layton and the Curious Village are so difficult that I cannot even pass the very first one. Are there any cheat codes for this game that automatically count any answer as the solution? I've wanted to play out the story for a long time now but I cannot play the game, let alone see the story!
You're kidding right?

And besides, I know of a site dedicated to showing how every puzzle is solved, even the region specific ones.

QUOTE(Midna @ Sep 28 2011, 12:25 AM) I first played Curious Village when I was 13.

Yes, yes there is. And it felt empty and was full of plot holes, just like the games would be without puzzles. The games need puzzles to draw them out, space out the plot developments, and keep the resolution from coming too quickly. I mean I enjoyed the movie, but not in the same way I could have enjoyed a game with the same plot. In fact, now that I think about it, the movie would actually have made a good Layton game.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Nujui said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
You're kidding right?

Yes, yes there is. And it felt empty and was full of plot holes, just like the games would be without puzzles. The games need puzzles to draw them out, space out the plot developments, and keep the resolution from coming too quickly. I mean I enjoyed the movie, but not in the same way I could have enjoyed a game with the same plot. In fact, now that I think about it, the movie would actually have made a good Layton game.
IIRC They're making a game out of it
unsure.gif

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
qweasd123 said:
5 year old kids can solve first puzzles.
I'm like the guy in this comic. However, some of my friends aren't doing any better on this game. At least one has said he ran out of picarats trying to find the mansion (I'm assuming he means at the beginning of the game). I'm not even sure if you can spend those at that point, let alone at all. Another has said she had the whole answer guide up (it was a reputable site I sent to her) but all of the answers were wrong, even though I tested the answers for the same questions she was trying to answer and they were right (I think she's mocking me).

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The puzzles are not that hard, even if you're not a good puzzle solver. With trial and error, any puzzle can be solved.

That's what I did with some layton puzzles whenever they stumped me.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A friend notified me that I had something weird going on with my eyes and they just noticed recently (they never really told me WHAT the problem was, which kind of worried me), so I scheduled an eye doctor appointment. Well, I went today. I have to wear glasses now. After I got my glasses today, puzzles on Professor Layton seemed a LOT easier. I randomly checked one puzzle with glasses on and off, and it turns out that my vision without glasses is just blurry enough that my mind twisted some words into others! I guess I've been having trouble reading smaller text and didn't even realize it.

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sora de Eclaune said:
You need work your lazy brain

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Pablo3DS said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
You need work your lazy brain
No, the problem turned out to lie with my eyes.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mario92 said:
Good thing it worked out. I was worried that you had some kind of brain damage because layton puzzles aren't THAT hard.
happy.gif

Well except the hard ones...
Yeah, I'm on the one where you make a star with the stars in the sky and that one is nearly impossible. I made a PERFECT star, but the game says it's not a star.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, I know what it is. :creep: