Professor Layton & The Last Specter Release Date

Gabbynaruto

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
professor-layton-and-the-last-specter-20110829101153610-000.jpg

Professor Layton and the Last Specter is coming to Nintendo DS in North America on 10/17, complete with Professor Layton's London Life, a bonus role-playing game available at the start of the game containing 100+ hours of gameplay![/p]

icon11.gif
Source 1
icon11.gif
Source 2
icon11.gif
Source 3

Man, I'm far behind with the Layton games
sleep.gif
But I'm excited about this one too. Must finish the other ones first though...

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So looking forward to play this.

Gabbynaruto said:
Professor Layton and the Last Specter is coming to Nintendo DS in North America on 10/17, complete with Professor Layton's London Life, a bonus role-playing game available at the start of the game containing 100+ hours of gameplay![/p]

I love how Level 5 is adding extras to their games. They are including WKC1 in WKC2 and now this.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice, I absolutely loved the last three Layton games and I always immediately get addicted when I start playing.

Hopefully thell release Layton V and LvsAA as well eventually!

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Finished all of the game and I hope they don't do badly with this one. The previous game wasn't as good as the others which was slightly disappointing.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Livin in a box said:
Finished all of the game and I hope they don't do badly with this one. The previous game wasn't as good as the others which was slightly disappointing.

I liked the last one, hated the second one. I like how the third one explained about his past, why he has that enemy, and where he got his top hat
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I'm going to head in town and pre-order this. Can't wait.

D

Deleted_171835

I still have to get Unwound Future before I get this.

Glad that they didn't take out London Life, though.

SparkFenix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the RPG included inside the game or is it another game that comes with the box?

If NOE is planning on releasing a multi 5 version then they wouldn't have enough room for the RPG, supposedly.

D

Deleted_171835

SparkFenix said:
Is the RPG included inside the game or is it another game that comes with the box?

If NOE is planning on releasing a multi 5 version then they wouldn't have enough room for the RPG, supposedly.
No, it's included in the game.

It should be pretty awesome since it's developed by Brownie Brown.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Livin in a box said:
What are you talking about?

The story, though founded on a ridiculously over the top premise, was much more exciting, believable and touching than that of Layton 2 (and probably of Layton 1.) The resolution was much more satisfying and the twists were nice. I don't recall any problem with the puzzles either.

Was there some other problem?

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midna said:
Livin in a box said:
What are you talking about?

The story, though founded on a ridiculously over the top premise, was much more exciting, believable and touching than that of Layton 2 (and probably of Layton 1.) The resolution was much more satisfying and the twists were nice. I don't recall any problem with the puzzles either.

Was there some other problem?
Probably the fact that the Layton series has the HIGHEST expectations for story on the DS (and probably 3DS) now. Nothing could top it, except for games that really were nothing but story (999) and people are now expecting a holy grail filled with the piss of fucking GOD.

That's why I never take bias into opinion when I play a game now.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Really? All of the games have ridiculous stories.

Curious Village: One man builds an entire village of sentient humanoid robots that run on wooden cogs

Pandora's Box: The characters hallucinated the entire game. Not only that, it was a shared hallucination. At the very end, the man who died at the beginning of the game comes back to life for no reason.

Unwound Future: An entire alternate city is built beneath London, and nobody notices.

Lets not forget the man who can put on masks and fool everyone into thinking he is someone else, even if that person is half his size.

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the stories completely (except for the second one. The eye searing flashy city and least believable resolution ruined it for me)

Layton 3's story was my favourite. We were given flashback insight into what happened before the first game. The villains were excellent, and it made me feel for all of the characters. Especially Layton, who before now was technically a very flat character. I might have cried for him at the end even. The mystery was engaging, making me want to keep playing. Hell, parts of the story even made me feel pressured and panicked, even though you know that time can't run out, it feels like it can.

The stories are fun, and exciting, mysterious, engaging, and sometimes touching. But they are like swiss cheese

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1