1. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
  2. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    ah wonderful and an rpg is always welcome on the ds. i wonder when they will run out of puzzles.

i havent played all of them but i really enjoyed whatever i have played and never miss this game.

again i say it, the ds is not dead.... yet

3. Maedhros

Maedhros GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Brazil
    You'll not like it then, because you have to end the game.
    The RPG isn't a RPG per se. Just a bunch of quests. Like it'll be with Fantasy Life for 3DS.

4. FlameTakuya

FlameTakuya GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Senegal
    I played the 4th game in Chinese, and let's just say that it's definitely not comparable to Unwound Future. The story is really just... really bleh. Uninteresting, and not really gripping, and it doesn't make you want ot play on to see what happens. :/

Mask of Miracles is fantastic though. if it ever comes out in English I'd reccomend it over this one.

5. zeromac

zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Good to see one last great hurrah for the DS [​IMG]

6. awssk8er

awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Japan got this game soooooo long ago......

But whatever! Can't wait for it. I beat the first three games. Loved them all. Definitely going to play this one.

7. Vigilante

Vigilante TempLurker

This has to be the best new so far.Been really waiting for Professor Layton game after playing the other 3.
    YEY for the DS! [​IMG]

8. NamoNakamura

NamoNakamura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Since this is a prequel, I guess that means we won't see the darling Flora Reinhold anywhere in the game. That's a bit disappointing, I suppose.

That aside, I love Professor Layton himself. He and Luke work well together in terms of character.

I guess London Life could be cool too. Not my main draw to the game (unlike so many others, sadly) but it may be fun.

9. DarkStriker

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    I got a question. Everyone that finished all 3 games like me. Have you guys actually watched The Eternal Diva? Its basically the story after Last Scepter and before The Mask of Miracle. The one after The Mask of Miracle is The Curious Village. Well i have atleast and i totally loved the movie.

10. Mirby

Mirby BDFF Hype~ :3

United States
    You forgot about Mask of Miracle!

Still, this is epic, and the fact that there's a complete bonus RPG... well, let's just say this makes me extremely happy. ^.^

11. NamoNakamura

NamoNakamura GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I watched it. It was a fantastic little film. Having not played (or exposed myself at all to any details of) The Last Specter, it was a little confusing being shoe-horned straight into the past with characters like Emmy, but that didn't detract from the film at all.

And the side characters were so detailed and dynamic too, for side characters anyway.

12. VentusVanitas

VentusVanitas GBAtemp Regular

Btw, its

Last Specter
    Eternal Diva
    Mask of Miracle
    (PL6)
    Curious Village
    Diabolical Box
    Unwound Future

I've played all of em to the end, i can't wait. Maybe make this the hype thread?

13. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev
    Supervisor

Belgium
    Where does it say London Life won't be available in the European version? Like how I interpreted it, the US version will exclusively have it available from the start (not: the US version will exclusively have it).

14. Eurogamer contacted Nintendo and apparently they confirmed that it isn't in the EU release.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-...life-is-us-only

15. NDS-Gear

NDS-Gear Member

United States
    Absolutely adore Professor Layton and can't wait until the next release. I personally thought the way Diabolical Box ended was a bit naff and I didn't like the way the story wrapped up at all. Other than that I've loved the series and can't wait for the next one.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Professor, Specter, Release