Professor Layton Download Play Support?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by budarc, Mar 26, 2009.

1. budarc
    OP

budarc Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2009
    United States
    Hi, I'm a newbie here, so please don't chew me out if this question has been asked before...

I'm using a Professor Layton & The Curious Village ROM on the R4DS. I completed the game, but I'm having trouble downloading the "Weekly Puzzles." It gives me an option to download new puzzles, but when I try to connect, I get this message:

"No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com. Error Code: 51099."

When I try to automatically or manually change my Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings, it tells me there is "no access point in range." But I regularly use wi-fi to access the internet on my laptop and Wii. So that can't be the problem.

I'm just wondering, is this a limitation of the R4? Does it not support "download play" in these types of circumstances? I'm not too familiar with it; this is the first time I've ever had any kind of problem with my R4 compatibility.

Thanks in advance for helping me address this problem! I kind of feel incomplete without finishing these last remaining puzzles!

2. omgmog

omgmog Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2007
    Oxford, England
    You would need to configure the wi-fi settings for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This can be done from any WFC capable DS game.

Now, for your DS to work with the wi-fi, your wi-fi is going to have to be set up in a specific way:

WEP 64-bit security
    WEP Key index 1
    SSID broadcasting
    Wireless b or b/g mode

But that aside, the weekly downloadable puzzles for layton aren't actually downloaded, they're unlocked and already exist on the game. You could probably get an Action Replay cheat or a sav patch to unlock them all to play.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice