Gaming Professor Layton And The Unwound Future Discussion

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I just finished the story and am working on the last few puzzles... I just have a few things to say about the story...

Wtf?

Let's sum it up:

1. Tons of people die in experiment gone wrong

2. Guy kidnaps tons of scientists and tricks them into working day and night for (weeks?)

3. Another guy destroys one-tenth of London (Chive's or whatever)

The corrupted, murdering, and lying Prime Minister is never caught or punished, and he resumes his position.

Layton's love interest is sent back in time to the exact point where she's blown up

Luke and. Layton are separated.

What the heck? That was terrible. The new Puzzle music is not as good, the puzzles themselves were linear, the whole story was shorter than the Diabolical Box (And I used a walkthrough for most of that) and it has a terribly sad ending.

WHY?

Another thing... At the beginning, when "Dr. Stahngun" was asking the Prime Minister to help him demonstrate.. Why didn't he recognize him? They were partners in a lab for at least 3-4 months according to the story, all that was different (Besides 10 years of age, but he looks the same as he did in his flashback) was his little goatee.

One more question, at the end, where Luke writes to Layton, he says he has a mystery "tailor made" for "Professor Layton & His Apprentice", It's obviously not the prequal, so are they planning on another Prof. Layton game sequel instead/in addition to the prequel's coming up?

Thanks for reading. Please post your thoughts and comments below.

Twin989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the story was awesome and the twists (while ridiculous) were well done. It also took me longer to beat than DB

Haloman800

a real gril
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yikkyon said:
A sequel was already made and released in Japan last year.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/958826-layton-k...to-majin-no-fue

That is a "prequel" as in, it is a game set before the events in Professor Layton And The Curious Village.

In Luke's letter to Professor Layton at the end of the game, he speaks of a mystery that only he and his apprentice (Luke himself) can solve. Which leads me to believe in a sequel set after the events in the Unwound Future.

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i don't see anything wrong with the story. it's the first layton game that actually give more focus on layton himself. but i agree the minister should have been killed in a horribly gruesome fashion, lol.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
haloman800 said:
One more question, at the end, where Luke writes to Layton, he says he has a mystery "tailor made" for "Professor Layton & His Apprentice", It's obviously not the prequel, so are they planning on another Prof. Layton game sequel instead/in addition to the prequel's coming up?
Actually I think there IS going to be another game - but it's for the 3DS

Found this article about 'Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle'

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
CannonFoddr said:
haloman800 said:
One more question, at the end, where Luke writes to Layton, he says he has a mystery "tailor made" for "Professor Layton & His Apprentice", It's obviously not the prequel, so are they planning on another Prof. Layton game sequel instead/in addition to the prequel's coming up?
Actually I think there IS going to be another game - but it's for the 3DS

Found this article about 'Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle'
Mask of Miracle is a prequel as well. It takes place after the Specter's Flute, but before Curious Village

Specter's Flute > Eternal Diva (Movie) > Mask of Miracle > Curious Village > Diabolical Box > Unwound Future

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ah right - I didn't read the full article (only the first paragraph)

So based on past releases & future releases (or should that be 'Present' & 'Prequel' Releases ??
unsure.gif
) I would take a guess that there's gonna be 3 'prequel' games planned

If so I wonder what the 3rd prequel would be based on ???

[Village/Box/'Time' (yes I know it's called Unwound Future - but it's based on time)]
[Flute/Mask/????]

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Personally,the layton game I enjoyed playing was Curious Village and the story I loved the most was DB.Still I really love the story of UF but I think there's something lacking(I don't know what it is).I love tragedy but DB made more impact to me.(Maybe one factor was the ending theme, I think
unsure.gif
)

The prime minister can never be punished cause what happened ten years ago was an "accident" in a failed experiment so he's not liable though he's the one to be blamed for all the events that happened in this game(what an ass).Plus even though they were lab partners with "Stanghun"(I forgot his real name), he's still forced to participate in the demo cause he's the prime minister,he wants to set an example and after all nobody wants a cowardly leader.So that's why he looks so worried when he entered the "time machine" cause he knows very well of what will happen to him.

On a side note I heard that Layton games were trilogy(CV,DB,UF) and the rest were prequels.Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Aia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was kind of awesome purely on the grounds that you got to see a young[er] Layton and a hatless Layton. =P

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aia said:
I thought it was kind of awesome purely on the grounds that you got to see a young[er] Layton and a hatless Layton. =P
Damn you. I'm still on Curious Village. -.- Theres just so many freaking puzzles. XDD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/